cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error code: OVP_00014 (You've reached the maximum number of simultaneous streams on your account)

I have been given the above error code (and I have had this issue before) where I am not in fact streaming on multiple devices... I do not understand how NOWtv is getting confused here. Any advice on how to resolve? it's incredibly frustrating.

10 REPLIES 10
redchiz1
Champion 2

Do you have the Boost? Are you completely backing out of one device before attempting to use another?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m also getting this error message and I’m not using any devices and haven’t used any in over a day

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Anonymous User Where are you getting this message if you are not actually using NOW TV?

Jonnyg
Mentor

I'm finding this too, even though I'm closing apps and browsers, different devices think I'm still using the elsewhere. Tbh it's a fairly easy think to manage from your account... Or at least it should be. Instead sky try making this an annoying issue and offer a monitary solution for it. Ie, pay for the boost. 

So I'm sitting at home now with this message, an I supposed to get in my car and drive to work to double check my pc I was using today is off ? I mean....I know it is. Cause I had to move it so it's currently sitting unplugged in a pile somewhere so 'fairly' certain it's not still accessing nowtv in some way. 

It's also near impossible to speak to someone about this, again, hoping they can kick my access instances .... But no. 

This is why I pay for nowtv for a month, instantly cancel. Them come back a year or so later when the next thing I want to emergency binge comes on. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Jonnyg 

Normally it should take around 5-10 minutes when switching devices. 

Jump onto live chat to see if they can “reset” your devices.

Make sure you click “chat online” within the green box.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Jonnyg
Mentor

Ok... Chatted to someone. Thanks for that link. Unfortunately he tried to sell me a boost as a solution. I pointed out I only watch on one device at a time, to which he tried to get me to log out of my fire TV app (you can close it, restart the fire stick, but no obvious way of logging out that I can find) . Finally got to a point where he suggested he could kick me out of my instances, (or atleast that's what I wanted him to do) then the chat window seemed to crash and want updating. 

I get the point of wanting to watch on multiple devices at once for households, but it's a basic feature is streaming services to watch on say a phone one day, a TV the next, a computer after that, so long as you not watching simultaneously, what's the problem ? 

Jonnyg
Mentor

Ok the second chat guy reset my devices and got me viewing again. 

Would be nice to offer users the ability to do that themselves though. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I keep getting this error! Its so annoying. I have moved from one room to another, different Roku devices. Stopped watching in one room to go to another room to resume. Its takes about 5-10 mins for the account to update after turning it off in the previous room and to allow me to watch in the next room. So irritating. Only resolution I see is to lay for boost. Which is expensive for what it is. NowTV easily becoming one of the worst streaming services.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

The couple of posts up from you give a resolution without boost.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help