Not applicable

Error code: OVP_00012

i cannot view in my country  im in UK house of the dragon  any reason why

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you tried another playback device such has your smartphone to see if the error code still persists has a temporary test? 

Also use this website link tool below to see if the location is within the UK.

https://whatismyipaddress.com/ 

If it reports outside the UK or unknown location from your Home Router then switch the power off to your Router for around 20 to 30 minutes to allow it to automatically acquire a new Router IP address.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Do you have a VPN active?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
thank you for your answer, i dont have one on unless one has sneaked itself
on
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you tried another playback device such has your smartphone to see if the error code still persists has a temporary test? 

Also use this website link tool below to see if the location is within the UK.

https://whatismyipaddress.com/ 

If it reports outside the UK or unknown location from your Home Router then switch the power off to your Router for around 20 to 30 minutes to allow it to automatically acquire a new Router IP address.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

just work out the problem is wifi for the house, I had the same problem when I turn of my phone data for the phone went house , i switched it back to phone data it worked 

thank you again

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Schnapps i i just tried it on my phone it works and i tried the link say in uk but different city than i am in , and i cannot get to the router, im in a mansion and it in the roof part lol , thank you so much for the phone idea , lots lots 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Don't worry if it reports a different city on the website link as long as it's in the UK and you are a UK NOW customer.

When you had success using your smartphone was that with the Router or your smartphone over your mobile internet data or using your PC has a wifi hotspot with your smartphone internet data ?

If it was over Mobile internet data or using your smartphone has a wifi hotspot then perhaps see if the BBC iPlayer works on your PC with the Router where iPlayer also tends to geo block if not in the UK.

Is the Router yours or are you sharing the wifi and if a guest on the Router wifi Network can you speak to the person responsible to see if they have a Private Network on it or some reason it thinks you are roaming outside the UK.

Also have you been abroad recently and changed any regional settings on your laptop (assuming you are using a laptop rather than a fixed desktop PC or Mac).

You could also try using the Community search box by typing the error code into it to see any results with suggestions.

Otherwise jump over to NOW live chat for further assistance by clicking on the green chat online button box from this link page below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi at moment i living in a mansion it is huge so the router is in the roof somewhere. the owner would not have a clue what to do,  i used only my mobile data to watch it on my phone.it worked then.

i then turn off my mobile data and used the house wifi and i got the same error message cannot be used in your country. it was only the house of dragon i could not watch i tried something else and it played.

so i know it to do with the house internet. which i have no control over.

so then i took out my Vodafone internet and charged it up to see if that would work, i could also watch it on that,

i don't want to use iplayer at all cos i don't watch tv so i don't have license at all,  if you use it at someone else house who has a license it flags up to  the license people as you watch the tv it just dont know where you watching and i dont feel like going through the nonsense of prooving i dont watch tv. it happened to my daughter watching something through iplayer at her nans house they have licence, they did know she was at her nans but they knew she used the BBc iplayer. and harrassing her to buy a licence. little story there.

i did the live chat thing. i first said i was dylexic so instead of asking the problem went into telling me how to set up and download Nowtv tried to tel them problem but they continued writing, so i then had to say can you stop writing and actually read what i am saying. they realised their mistake and apologised. they told me to detele all and clear cache and history and then reinstall,  but i got your message and another before doing any of that, so yes it the house internet problem so im cool i use my own, 

so thank you so much for that and excuse my dylexic writing please lol it don't half get me in some trouble.

Elopam XX

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I forgot to ask does other NOW Entertainment content other than House of the Dragon bring up the same error code on your PC ?

If so, this is a bit of a long shot but make sure your PC internet browser is directed to the NOW UK website being a UK NOW customer and not being redirected to the Republic of Ireland NOW website.

Also another long shot on your PC try using the Google Public DNS servers has a temporary test (use your browser search engine for instructions how to do this).

It could also be possible that the NOW system at NOW's end is mistakenly assuming your Router IP address is outside the UK which it sounds like that it isn't and NOW live chat will be the best option if you can't get access to the Router in the property to reset.