cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error Code VGC 426241974 : 4262481974

Hi,  

i logged on to my now tv account and bought a monthly sky sports pass, everything was fine until i launched the now tv player ( for pc ) and keep receiving this error message Error Code VGC 426241974 : 4262481974,    i have tried unistalling the player and deleting cookies then reinstalling, but nothing seems to work..  (im using google chrome, and windows 7) any help would be amazing thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had exactly the same problem on my pc, booked a sports pass on 13/10/2018 similar VGC code,cleaned cache, uninstalled& re-installed still unable to connect. No problems experienced before this date?

Any suggestions.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry, I posted a reply to this in one of the other threads.

You just need to make sure that you are using one of the 'Aero' themes that support transparency. This is because aero themes enable direct3d composition in the graphics engine

aero.PNG

Anonymous User
Not applicable

is that for Win 10? the solution?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
No Win 7, no solution found.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Spoiler
Dear NowTV

I tried to watch a movie and my NowTV Player came up with this 

Error code: VGC-4229955698:4240441496

please can you help

Kind Regards 

IrenaHill

RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

The trick here is to copy that error code VGC-4229955698:4240441496 (all of it), and do paste and Search with it in Google. You get quite a few hits on that exact error code:-

7B447038-C608-458F-A05C-72A523654423.png

Mostly Germany and Spain, though.

Google offers to translate them, though, and the advice given in the one I looked at is to reinstall the app (if possible; you don’t say what you are running the Player on) and also to reboot your router.

Though one person reports that the issue resolved itself when he tried to use the app a second time, and maybe it will for you.

But if not, try the reinstall and the router reboot, and let us know the results.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.