cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error Code OVP_00101 driving me mad!

Hi all,

Has anyone encountered error code OVP_00101 on the player please? There is nothing about it to be found online, the only two posts I can source simply advise the poster to contact support.

I have tried all the obvious things, uninstalling player, signing out, clearing cookies etc. Speaking with support offered a temporary solution where they told me to delete all devices and sign out. This worked for the night but then back to seeing the error code. And now I have run out of allocated device swaps for the month so obviously that is not a long-term fix.

I will contact support again but in the mean time I wondered if anyone here has any tips for how to combat this issue? I cannot be the only one! For further info: it worked again for a whole night after a recent windows update and occasionally after a restart will work but this seems down to luck. Am using windows 10.

Thanks for reading!

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't use a PC to watch NOW so i won't be much help, but i am guessing you have tried another internet browser when on the NOW website using their NOW Player software.

Also i am assuming this error code which i am not familiar with is happening on all NOW content ?

If it was me i would be tempted to tag by adding a @symbol in front of the two other forum members names who encountered this same error code message on the two other threads you managed to find on the Community Forum and ask them if they got the error message fixed on their PC and if so ask them how was it resolved.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for replying!

Yes have tried various browsers. It is indeed happening with all content. and has been going on for several weeks now.

That's a cool idea, I will try that! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this exact same problem! It works occasionally but most of the time it gives me this error message.

I've tried re-installing numerous times, deleted the files from the roaming folder, literally everything humanly possible but I still get the error. I've even tried launching it from different browsers but no luck there.