cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error Code 20000

I'm getting this error code having earlier been getting a black screen.

I've turned my router off and on, turned the laptop off and on, shredded the NOWTV player using AVG and re-installed it, I've tried clearing my browser history and have tried using a different browser. I've also tried to download NOWTV player from the Windows store but it says that is unavailable. 

Is there anything else I can try?!

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Some progress at last!  Thank you so much for the tip.  Previously, I had tried to restore the NowTV plug in from a checklist generated by the quarantine page of my security software which had no effect at all.  Following your advice, I manually added the NowTV plug in to the Allow List and it is no longer being blocked by the security software.  Unfortunately, I'm still getting Error code 20000 so it's only fixed part of the problem.  I asked for the enquiry to be escalated over a week ago but I've still heard nothing back from the NowTV tech guys, not even an acknowledgment.  Customer Service? Such an old fashioned concept!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another user here with the same 'error code 20000' code. I tried all the various suggestions like reinstalling NOW TV player, using different browers, deleting cookies etc. but with no joy.

I then followed the route of adding the NOW TV folders as an exclusion to Malwarebytes but again no luck. It was only after I added both the NOW TV & NOW TV Player folders as an exception to Bitdefender & Avast that finally the problem was solved and I can once again watch NOW TV on my Windows 10 PC.

So thanks to all those who between you came up with a solution! 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same problems. Can watch on my Laptop with no problems but despite hours of trying I still cannot watch on my PC which operates on Windows 10. Error code 20000 and tried everything suggested but with no success

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had this for that last hour. Turns out my audio device was playing up. I switched to my headset and then the error 20000 went away. Presume the security software checks numerous things to stop streamers, I think all the issues get grouped into a 20000 error so its hard to diagnose, but it was audio for me