cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Device Limit Reached

after watching one movie on the ps3 app I went to bedroom to watch another for it to say devcice limit reached, went back to the ps3 and it's saying the same thing, checked in the device manager and it's saying no device are attched to this account

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi dragonheat,

Thank you for your message.

We're sorry to hear that you are having this issue. I have reset your devices so you should be able to play out movies again.

Kind Regards,

Leon

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

524 REPLIES 524
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Fin,

I have the same issue. I've signed up on a 2 month trial.

It says you can have 4 devices, but I tried 2 (neither of them worked), so I tried a third and that came up with the 'too many devices' error.

Good luck sorting it.

Great start, eh?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The following the recent update to NowTv player we have now exceeded device limit. This is greatly frustraiting as we have only accessed NowTv on two "devices" (a laptop and a PC) and now cant access any.

(long list of moans about service)

First is the services definition of "device" which from your T's&C's one would infer that it refers to Hardware and not software. Hence why is that use of differnt browsers and NowTv Player software (when you supported browsers) is classed as an individual device?

That then leads to the fact that when you the service provider choose to no longer support those browsers ( which accounted for 3 of the 4 registered "devices" ) that it remains to be one change per month.

Finaly manage devices is not very useful when the only information you provide about each "device" is its last access date, theres no way to know which is which. And when you can only make 1 change a month you geuss the wrong one its over a month before you can correct it. Anything like MAC address of the "device" to enable you to identify which "devices" refer to the same hardware.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. You are right NOW TV currently count watching in a browser and in the desktop app as two separate devices, so moving forward it would be best to choose one or the other. Whilst the info on the Manage Devices page can make it difficult to distinguish devices, it does allow you to rename devices manually. 

I'd suggest popping onto live chat and explain to them what's happened, hopefully they will be sort you out something as a courtesy to allow you to add devices again. Then as you add each device one at a time I'd pop onto your Manage Devices page and rename each one to something that's easier for you to remember. 

To reach live chat go to the following help page
https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The limit on how many changes of device per month is the most ridiculous and frustrating policy that I have come across.

I have two internal TVs with Now TV boxes attached, but because I am mobile most of my time I tend to watch Now TV on either my smart phone, the family Ipad or Sony Tablet, depending which is available at the time.

I am currently locked out of one device because I have apparently reached my monthly device change limit - why on earth is there such a change limit when you can only have 4 consecutive device connections in the first place. At the moment I am only able to use 3 devices which makes the 4 rule even more ridiculous.

I am so frustrated that I am  currently looking at what Netflix and Amazon have to offer as an alternative to Now TV for which I currently run Entertainment & Cinema accounts.

It will be their loss if I move to a move flexible system.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

To be quite honest, this is a bloody ridiculous way of doing things. Why can't you just follow the Netflix model and have it so it counts number of screens being used at a time.

I have three Chromecasts, an iPad, my phone and my laptop that I use this service on and so I've hit the stupid devices per month rule by selecting a different Chromecast each time. Why can't the system remember which Chromecast is which and let me use it without having all this hassle of then not being able to watch the programme I was trying to watch in the first place.

Secondly if you're going to keep using this awful system then can you at least notify users of when they're using up a device activation? At least that way you aren't completely screwing us over.

If you're wanting to be the platform that everybody choses as the best then surely you should offer a service that is the best without little snags like this that are designed to trip people up and so spreading bad word of mouth and in turn loosing customers.

One would be able to live with a device limit each time but a limit on how many devices you can activate per month is archaic and just plain unnecessary. It's things like this that make the service all the more difficult and show that you don't actually listen to customer feedback when issuing updates.

So, if I could please be able to cast to my Chromecast without having to reactivate it and I would like you to remove the limit so that this crap system doesn't keep looking me out.