cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Device Limit Reached

after watching one movie on the ps3 app I went to bedroom to watch another for it to say devcice limit reached, went back to the ps3 and it's saying the same thing, checked in the device manager and it's saying no device are attched to this account

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi dragonheat,

Thank you for your message.

We're sorry to hear that you are having this issue. I have reset your devices so you should be able to play out movies again.

Kind Regards,

Leon

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

524 REPLIES 524
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Windows 7 PC, took a Silverlight update.

NowTV device count now sees my PC as a new device which can't be registered untile next calendar month.

As a former SkyGo subscriber, I've seen this happen before. With Sky it was a quick and easy phone call and support would adjust the device count for the current month. After all, it's easily verifiable as a service error, not a customer fault.

How can I get NowTV to correct the device count?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@cricketwatcher the quickest method is to jump on to Live Chat and explain your situation, they might be able to sort something out for you this month.
Visit http://help.nowtv.com/article/Managing-Devices
and at the bottom will be a Contact Us button, from here Live Chat should be available (hours are 8am-midnight).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, I went onto live chat and they fixed it instantly! Thx.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When I got my box I added my iPad, iPhone and laptop to use Now TV (this was several months ago), I have come to add a new iPad and taken off the laptop. All the devises work when playing on their own screen but I am no longer able to stream through my Chromecast on any of the devices. When I try and play something through my device to my TV, what worked yesterday now doesn't work and tells me I have reached my monthly device limit, how is this possible when I have only made the one allowable device change?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

as I can't find the way to add a new topic. please let me piggy back on you're question. Why can't Now allow more devices to be added in this day and age 4 devices is simply not enough we need at very minimum 5. Please Now can you do something about this also changing 1 device per mounth is nonsence.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch, sorry to hear you've had some issues with the device management. Can you try to add your desired device now. If you have a problem then let me know.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm not having issues adding the device, it let me do that. Since adding an iPad this morning whenever I try to stream a show to my TV through my Chromecast I receive the message that I have already used my monthly device limit. Is my account counting the Chromecast as a device? Before I added the device this morning I was having no issues streaming and now I am receiving the monthly device error when I try to stream. 

Emma

"When I got my box I added my iPad, iPhone and laptop to use Now TV (this was several months ago), I have come to add a new iPad and taken off the laptop. All the devises work when playing on their own screen but I am no longer able to stream through my Chromecast on any of the devices. When I try and play something through my device to my TV, what worked yesterday now doesn't work and tells me I have reached my monthly device limit, how is this possible when I have only made the one allowable device change?"

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

The Chromecast has always been counted as a device, so if you're now adding an ipad they're may not be a free slot for the Chromecast.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is the problem something to do with the way NowTV counts devices?

When I tried to add a 360 a while ago I got the 'device limit reached' error; the only other devices I'd been using were a PC and PS3. It appeared my PC was often being added as a new device, as far as I could tell...the device management doesn't give a great deal of info. I managed to get it reset through customer services, but on trying to add an Xbox One today I've got the same error again.

Since it was reset I've only watched on the same PC and xbox, so should have two devices available; instead, I've got three devices listed...two PCs and an xbox360, and I'm unable to add any more. So it appears that since resetting my device limit my NowTV account has had four devices added, at least two deleted, and then at least one more added (it's not easy to tell) , but all I've done at this end is watch on one PC and one Xbox360.

I've read that using the Now app and a web browser will count as two devices if used on the same Windows 10 PC, but I haven't used the app and even so that wouldn't have put me over my limit.

Can we get a definitive answer as to why this happens? Judging by the forum it would save customers and customer services a lot of time if this was sorted properly. It's not just inconvenient, it's that fact that devices appear to be being added without my knowledge or consent; that's not good.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User the issue is that you are using the webbrowser on Windows 10. Everytime Microsoft perform one of the big updates that changes the device ID token within Silverlight so NOW TV aren't aware you are still using the same device.

Your best option is to use the NOW TV app from the Windows Store instead as that manages it's device ID in a different way and doesn't have these problems.