cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Device Limit Reached

after watching one movie on the ps3 app I went to bedroom to watch another for it to say devcice limit reached, went back to the ps3 and it's saying the same thing, checked in the device manager and it's saying no device are attched to this account

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi dragonheat,

Thank you for your message.

We're sorry to hear that you are having this issue. I have reset your devices so you should be able to play out movies again.

Kind Regards,

Leon

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

524 REPLIES 524
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Michaelul,

Thanks for your post. I have sent you a private message. Please check it out. 

Kind regards,

Aylin

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey now TV I have a problem I can't watch now TV on anything. For a while I had my laptop ps3 and you view playing now TV. The ps3 is hardly used for now TV and is used for nettling instead. I always use it on either my laptop and you view box but all of a sudden I can't seem to watch it on anything it keeps on saying device limit reached but nothing is being watched. If u can help it would be much appreciated

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi hyyhuyytyy,

Thanks for getting in contact with us.

Sounds like you have used up your device changes for the month.

As stipulated by Sky we are not allowed to modify this for you. I'd like to invite you to live chat so that we can discuss this with you further.

Regards,

Aaron

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pretty much same issue - signed up and added my PS3. my now tv box wont work it says ive not got any spaces left. but i still have 2 left

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've got the same problem again.

I am using a Deskop PC with Windows 7 and my PC was getting slow, so I used my backup software (EaseUS) to revert to a backup of my PC when the system was fast and stable. Didn't reinstall Windows just went back to an ealier point in time and now NOWTV tells me I've got too many devices - I seem to have Two PC's and Two set top boxes on my account - I'd really like both PC's removed from the system so I can add back two new devices and not just one.

It would be helpful to know what aspect of the PC is used to determine one PC from another, as my hardware is indentical to before just same copy of windows 7 but from a few months back.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi guys,

@Anonymous User , 

Basicially, what has happened here is you have used your one free change per month. Your device limit (4 devices) and your device change limit (1 per month), are two different things, but work in conjunctions. For instance you can have only one device and have used all your changes for that 30 day period, meaining you will need to wait fo the next 30 day period.  

However there is of course an exception. When you first set up your account, you are able to fill all four device. From that point the 1 device change per 30 days rule takes effect.

Just to clarify, a change means two actions. This can be the removal of two device or the removal and addition of one device.

It's a bit confusing and uneccessarily complicated, but we have to work with it for the time b

I hope that all made sense,

@Anonymous User , this is a known issue, can I ask you to Contact Us directly regarding it please, thanks.

Regards,

Aaron

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is really frustrating. We have many devices at home, and are setting up nowTV - our first experience of SKY apart from a couple of sports matches. We are trying to watch it on our new NOW TV box, but it seems to have registered it twice, once when we had to stop the installation and again just now. I have deleted one of these, but still get the device limit reached.

If you can help here, that would be much appreciated.
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stirrups36,

Thanks for posting.

If you pop on to Live Chat and explain the situation someone should be able to reset this for you.

If your not sure how to get on to Live Chat, take a look here.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same happening to me, got it on  xbox and lapop but saying Ive reached my limit, never been on any other devices

Anonymous User
Not applicable

lol im getting same issue with no device attached 😛 could you reset me please