cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SlipperyJim
Advocate

DRM6007.MAIN_CONTENT

I get this error code daily. I've tried restarting my router, deleting internet history/cache but it still remains.

Can you please explain what this error code means and why it's preventing me use my NowTV account?

5 REPLIES 5
RoyB
Legend

@SlipperyJim 

We’re just customers like you, but DRM is usually Digital Rights Management, and this is often caused by running Now on a device where there is a video capture, or what Now thinks is a video capture, programme running.

It would be awfully helpful if you could say what device you are experiencing this on…

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
SlipperyJim
Advocate

@RoyBHi Roy, thanks for your reply. It's a Mac and I've had this error message intermittently. it happens every couple of days, and just seems to remedy itself eventually, but this time it's been all day today. I don't have any video capture device enabled at all, and can't think that there is anything has changed with my system since it was working fine.

My browser is Firefox. I can see some mentions of this fault on twitter, but no way to remedy it.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SlipperyJim 

Have you tried another browser like Safari? As I understand Firefox can be a pain in the rear with NOW on many aspects. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
SlipperyJim
Advocate

@gavs82008Hi Gavs, I've tried Chrome, but will try Safari now.

thanks

RoyB
Legend

@SlipperyJim 

Have you got, or have you recently had, Image Capture or a program like it running on your Mac?

If you have, then even though you have finished using it, it can leave processes running, which Now may be detecting.

The remedy, if this is indeed the issue, is a shutdown and restart.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.