cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chromecasting

I have just got the NOW TV working on my LT on to TV my via Chromecast but it only shows the TV Guide page and not the match. I can watch the match on my LT but its not casting to my TV. Any suggestions please?

• PC
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Saint1976
Elite 3

@schnapps @Anonymous User  I assume LT means laptop? A laptop is screen mirroring which NowTV doesn't allow. You'd have to physically connect the laptop to the TV or use a mobile device to Chromecast.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are you using a NowTV Mobile Sports Pass ?

Out of curiosity what is LT ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Just in case you are using a NowTV Mobile Sports Pass, then read this linked article below why you are not permitted to use Chromecast with a mobile pass where this pass is purely intended for smartphones watching only.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/sky-sports-day-month-pass 

Should you be using a full blown NowTV Sports pass then please let us know, so a forum member can possibly help further or point you towards NowTV live chat.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@schnapps @Anonymous User  I assume LT means laptop? A laptop is screen mirroring which NowTV doesn't allow. You'd have to physically connect the laptop to the TV or use a mobile device to Chromecast.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Saint 

Many thanks for the info a bit disappointed with that but not your fault, will USB port to port work?

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User your laptop will need HDMI out, to connect to the HDMI on your TV. If you have a mobile phone or tablet, download the NowTV app and Chromecast from there.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Schnapps 

Many thanks for the reply Im using a full 9.99GBP pass for the day.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Follow @Saint1976 sound advice, just use the NowTV App on a smartphone or tablet to cast to your Chromecast dongle or inbuilt Google Chromecast feature on your TV (assuming your TV has this feature).

Didn't understand what LT meant until your other post on another thread mentioned Lap Top.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Schnapps 

Its LapTop and its a full one day pass.