cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chromebook isn't supported as a device anymore?

Anyone else have their now tv app no longer working on chromebook? It directs me to the playstore where is says that the chromebook is no longer supported for the app and to contact the developer?

• PC
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here the app and browser both supported now tv on 30/3/20 then on 31/03/2020 app removed from play store and browser stopped working. Pretty pointless having now tv as mainly watched on chromebook

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What's even more frustrating is that Sky Go works on Chromebooks! Surely the applications use a common video source and have similar rights, encryption and system requirements?

If critical mass is the reason, Amazon Firesticks wouldn't be expressly unsupported by Now TV and the Sky Go app wouldn't work on Chromebooks either. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Add another user disgruntled. House to myself this evening and planned to put the NFL on my sports pass on the Chromebook while I did a little gaming on my TV. Probably be reluctant to get the sports pass for my free weekends in future. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am equally disgusted. I had been very smug about opting for  a Chromebook 2-in-1 (way cheaper than ipad) thinking surely being on Android would guarantee access to all services. As others have observed, Now TV really is a dire service in terms of its technology and customer service. It leaches off Sky's rights but there is nothing else and clearly the people who run it don't know what they are doing. I'd be amazed if it makes much money. 

Anyway I desperately need to watch football in the kitchen and I really don't want to do that on a phone. So do we think it is possible to mirror off an iphone using something like Air Server or will NTV just block all that. Think I know the answer!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same has happened to me. I only really watch it on my chromebook so again, pointless having it. Might go to netflix instead if this does not get sorted soon. I need my entertainment with this current situation!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got caught out  because last time I had Entertainment Pass I used the android app.  Just signed up again only to find the app's not working, so I've wasted my money.  Does anyone know what on earth their strategy is?  Even where it works (Windows), it's clunky and subtitles availability is patchy at best.  Netflix is a dream by comparison and has significantly more high quality content, so I'll just be sticking with that from next month!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having issues in using NOW TV on my Chromebook as well at no point does it say NOW TV is not supported on Chromebook can someone please help me resolving this

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

NowTV have never officially supported Chromebook, where it looks like the recent software has broken the use of Chromebook 😡.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/PC-Mac/Not-compatible-with-Chrome-OS/m-p/495142 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just found it today and after finished GOT last week.

I just use Chromebook to watch NOW TV means that now, bye bye NOW TV, welcome back Netflix.