cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cant Sign In To Windows 10 App

So I have just tried to sign into the Now TV app on windows 10 and it wont let me.

I have unistalled/reinstalled and reset my Password and nothing works.

I can sign into my Android app/Xbox app and Edge browser website but not the Windows 10 app.

Anyone got a solution please?

• PC
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

OH MY GOD GUYS I HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION!!!!!

Its taken months...

Go to this website and follow Solution 2: Re-registering the Applications.

https://appuals.com/fix-windows-10-apps-not-working/

Let that run, don't worry about the Red errors.

Restart your PC and open Now TV app!!!

I cant believe it!!!

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue with my netbook on Windows 10 S.

They told me to install another app, but it's not from Microsoft Store so it's not permitted on Windows 10 S.

We pay for service, why can't nowtv do basic customer service and also hire some software developers??????

Rip off.

Sky need to let nowtv have some money to fix  just their service or it will eventually wind it up. It's definitely seems like a 2 bit operation out of a garage compared to other streaming apps like Netflix or BBC iPlayer.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I’m not sure they could run to a whole garage........

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is because of that update directly because of that update. The reason why yours still works if indeed it still does is that you haven't signed out and tried to sign back in. I got mine working using my solution but had to change my password. I did that but didn't change the password on my PC and it signed in fine using the old password...it's shouldn't do that, it's a big mess of an app and a disappointment.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have removed and reinstalled it, signed in but app tries to open and then closes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue here, and I think its purely due to that version (Windows store app) not being supported any more...

It was working fine for me (wasn't even aware of newer player application) until I had to sign out and back in (needed to change my password as I couldn't remember what it was and my son wanted to use it on his PC). Signed out, changed my password, and now I'm getting this generic error message when I try and sign back in.

Can sign into the website no problem, and watch via the browser / player combination but it seems my laptop isn't really powerful enough to run it as I'm getting constant stuttering of both picture and sound, slow then fast bits, loss of sound, etc. Needless to say my son got the brunt of my ire as I would have been happily still using the old app if he hadn't needed the password.

If only there was someway to go back to the old Win 10 app... 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Try a system restore to and earlier date when you didn't install the new app?

Worth a try....!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

uninstall the store app. Play a video from the website. Install the now tv player from there when prompted. 

@ links to members

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi yep I know we can do that, but that's not fixing the Windows app.

Why have the Windows app if it doesn't work.

It's so much neater than the program as it's all nicely integrated.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

OH MY GOD GUYS I HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION!!!!!

Its taken months...

Go to this website and follow Solution 2: Re-registering the Applications.

https://appuals.com/fix-windows-10-apps-not-working/

Let that run, don't worry about the Red errors.

Restart your PC and open Now TV app!!!

I cant believe it!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had this problem today and found the solution from within the 'help centre' under 'What devices can I use to watch Now TV?'.  You need to download the player from within the website itself and not from Microsoft Store. Login and find something to watch and a 'download player' option will be there. Click on it and it should install.  After installing, click on the film again from within the website to watch your film.