cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cant Sign In To Windows 10 App

So I have just tried to sign into the Now TV app on windows 10 and it wont let me.

I have unistalled/reinstalled and reset my Password and nothing works.

I can sign into my Android app/Xbox app and Edge browser website but not the Windows 10 app.

Anyone got a solution please?

• PC
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

OH MY GOD GUYS I HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION!!!!!

Its taken months...

Go to this website and follow Solution 2: Re-registering the Applications.

https://appuals.com/fix-windows-10-apps-not-working/

Let that run, don't worry about the Red errors.

Restart your PC and open Now TV app!!!

I cant believe it!!!

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been asked to log-in which I have not had to do for a very long time. When I try to log-in it says 'SOMETHING'S NOT RIGHT. Give it a moment or check nowtv.com/status for updates'.

What is not right? I do not know, my user name and password are correct.

Does anyone have any information/advice?

Thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's the problem we are all having and Now TV can't give a solution.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

This is a generic message, output by the NowTV software when it gets an answer it isn’t expecting, or no answer when it expects one.

Nothing you have done wrong, usually.

What we need at this point is a decent stack dump we can submit to NowTV.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah I can get the browser / player combo to work but it looks like Windows 95 and not a nice integrated system like Windows 10.

Why is everyone pulling out if Windows 10... YouTube, eBay and a load of others I can't remember. .

Windows 10 is awesome. 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You may be right. Or maybe the huge software stack that the NowTV app is wobbling on the top of like a cherry on a melting icecream sundae is more stable on my laptop.

NowTV, though, don’t support the Windows Store version any more, and will try to steer you to the Browser/Player combination.

I am, FWIW, prevented from being smug about my laptop working on both versions of the Windows apps, by a Safari on my iPad which refuses to be the Browser in the Browser/Player combination, and seems to think it is a full-blown Mac, as it downloads the Mac Player when I ask - which just sits there, bewildered - instead of the iPad one.

I’ve never seen anyone else report this though, and I have no idea how to fix it.

Stuff happens, as the Predator nearly said.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

"NowTV, though, don’t support the Windows Store version any more, and will try to steer you to the Browser/Player combination."

Really?  I was't aware of that!  It used to be the other way round. so I stopped using the browser.

I hope it continues to work for the rest of this month, as I have already used all my changes as a result of the Roku device issue (where it seemed to think that an existing device was a different one).

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

As this is a NowTV issue, even on the Roku Sticks, Live Chat will reinstate your Allowed Changes on request.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue with the Windows Store App, to the comments it's not supported, then it should be pulled or have compatibility notes in relevant and clear locations for the end user.

In regards to the browser. app redirect version.  This does not work in Edge, IE, Chrome and Firefox.  The result when clicking a channel on all except Firefox, is an in browser notification stating the website is trying to open 'x' app.  The app title is my system name, why the site is attempting to associate a weblink with my system name is beside me.  

Firefox reacts slightly different,  it asks me to select a program, there are no programs in the program selection window by default.  I attempted to associate with Now TV Player.exe located at C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\NOW TV\NOW TV Player.  This doesn't fix the issue.

To add, I've read similar issue going back 2 years or more.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can we have some sort of Official Reply from Now TV otherwise what's the point of the forum?

You can't contact them directly and this forum is just full of users like me who are speculating rather than Official Now TV Forum staff..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has anyone solved this issue yet? Im getting exactly the same error message and ive just bought sky sports...... its pretty rubbish they avoid solutions to these problems for PAYING customers!!!