cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cannot use NOW TV App on laptop

I cannot sign in to the NOW TV App on my laptop. It was working fine but now it says that "Somethings not right" after prompting me to sign in. I repeatedly try and sign in and same problem. I am using Windows 10 and the latest app version from the Windows store. NOW TV works fine on my phone but not the laptop. I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling it and no difference. I even tried a system reset and that did nothing. I have tried using the live chat to get some help but it was passed on to another technical team they said who haven't contacted me yet. 

Does anyone know a fix for this issue?

34 REPLIES 34
Anonymous User
Not applicable

you probably cannot see anything on your TV screen because you may be using the wrong HDMI setting. If your remote has an AV button (it should) press it for all the HDMI ports 1 by 1 to see if that solves your issue, your TV will probably have 2 or 3 HDMI ports. Obviously if that is the issue the stick will have been visible from day one. Good luck.

update ..

woops i just read further down the messages to see you had sorted it haha...

Oh well, i have the same issue with the Microsoft app giving me the "Something is not right" message ... OBVIOUSLY something is not right if its not working 😡 but when are we getting it fixed NOW TV / Microsoft? the web browser works but keeps logging me out every 30 minutes, VERY annoying when its unnecessary, i'm old enough to be able to log out myself 🤣

Anonymous User
Not applicable

couldn't agree more - total garbage - you pay money for NowTv and it doesnt work. Do what i'm doing and sign up for the real thing (Sky TV in this case). 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Reading this is so weird.

Many years ago I tried and failed to get any sense and / or function out of NOW TV. I assumed, all these years later, that things might have improved.

But STILL: downloading the app (Windows 10) leads to some eternal loop of failure where they tell you to download the app, you do, you try and watch through it, it takes you to your browser, which says you need to - well, you get the gist. I've still to watch so much as a second's content via laptop.

Plus watching Sport on TV with a pass (superfast Broadband, which works perfectly with iPlayer, ITV, All4, Netflix, Prime, etc) the sound drops, the stream stutters and freezes intermittently, absolutely hopeless.

Conclusion? NOW TV always used to seem like an anomaly, a paid streaming service offering almost comically bad quality. In the intervening years, while streaming's become mainstream and mainly flawless, NOW TV has remained the same, if not worse.

Due some kind of overhaul / reinvention, not even close to being fit for purpose.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I was just reading this thread and I'm assuming nothing has been improved then?

I just downloaded the app last night onto my laptop, it won't let me sign in. It keeps telling me there's an issue.

I then decided to try and just watch it on my browser instead but it won't let me watch it on their website, this is to combat piracy or something.

What is the solution here, it's very frustrating!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ditto.

And i'm not using Windows 10.

Hi everyone. Just joined your community.