cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cannot use NOW TV App on laptop

I cannot sign in to the NOW TV App on my laptop. It was working fine but now it says that "Somethings not right" after prompting me to sign in. I repeatedly try and sign in and same problem. I am using Windows 10 and the latest app version from the Windows store. NOW TV works fine on my phone but not the laptop. I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling it and no difference. I even tried a system reset and that did nothing. I have tried using the live chat to get some help but it was passed on to another technical team they said who haven't contacted me yet. 

Does anyone know a fix for this issue?

34 REPLIES 34
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So its a coincidence that everything but the NOW TV Windows app works on my laptop? BBC iplayer, ITV Hub, Netflix, Youtube all work perfectly fine. I have also been told by NOW TV (and have it in writing) that I am not the only one suffering with this problem. To add that the NOW TV app has a 1.5/5 star rating I doubt the vast majority are happy. I watch everything through my laptop so I do need the app to work

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Where do you see the Windows NowTV app rated 1.5/5?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

In the Windows Store, you think I made up something easy to prove?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Just a civil enquiry.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

You are more than welcome to check the reviews for yourself, where you will see other people posting about suffering the same problem I am, and those are just examples of people who have left reviews there are numerous others having the same issue who haven't left a review

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Indeed so; I am beginning to wonder what ‘magic sauce’ I have that means it works for me.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You are a troll or you work for Now TV or both. This thread is about it not working quite why you keep posting constantly defending Now TV is weird

RoyB
Legend

Merry Xmas @Anonymous User 

The three stars beside my name indicate that I am a Community Contributor, but I am just another customer, much as you are, and I do not work for NowTV.

And that’s my real name, and my real photo, something not normally associated with trolls; which of course I am not.

You seem to want to put me in the peculiar position of apologising because the NowTV software on my PC works; sorry, but it does.

If it didn’t work, I could dig into why. But I can’t.

The reason I keep posting that it works is to counteract the frequent assertions that it can’t work; that it doesn’t work, for many people, is not anything I am seeking to deny.

But far from defending NowTV here, I remark that you should have no expectation that the Microsoft Store NowTV app will work, because NowTV have abandoned it in favour of the Browser/Player combination, and this is something I consider a retrograde step.

And unfortunately means that Live Chat aren’t going to support you with the Store app, only the alternative.

So I reckon I’m your best bet; a frightening thought, no?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If the Now TV windows app is no longer being supported/been abandoned (which sounds true given the lack of solution) why are they repeatedly promising in emails saying they are working on a fix? Are they trying to push more people towards the web browser player? It works okay but the quality, especially on a live stream is unreliable. If they had just said we are phasing out the windows app when I first mentioned the issue to them it would have saved a lot of time and complaining. It seems very weird that people are having the issue with the app at different times, mine was working fine until late November

Spacedeck
Scholar

I ended up downloading the new NOW TV Player.  Why is everything now so much more complicated.  Firstly the Windows App doesn't let you log in (just hope you never have to log out or get signed out).  Secondly I go to watch on my browser.. nope, can't do.  You are prompted to download a standalone NOW TV Player to view content. 

Sure, that isn't too much hassle I thought.  You load up the newly download NOW TV Player but then you are prompted back to the web-browser (in my case, Edge).  So now we have to browse the catalogue in our browsers, click a title to play and you will be prompted yet again to give your browser permission to load the movie in the NOW TV Player (well it does on Edge anyway).

So far I have only seen one bonus, the fact that I can now play movies in any window size I like.  I hated the fact with the Windows App, it forced you to go fullscreen.