cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't watch on laptop, player redirecting to website

I'm trying to watch Sky Sports on my laptop. It's working fine on my iPad but when I open the laptop player it just says "Head over to the NOW TV website" and when I click "Let's Go" it always redirects me to the home page and all the passes are there available to buy even though I've already paid for the Sky Sports one. I tried contacting customer support but it was no help. I reinstalled the player twice and it didn't work. I'm on the latest version of Windows 10 and the player version is 6.4.0.

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Jack, did you get a fix?

I've got the same problem. Stuck in a loop where clicking to watch a programme on the Now TV website causes the Now TV Player to open, but only on to the 'Head over to the Now TV website' splashscreen. With only a link to go back to the website.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem. Nothing on the player except a button to send me to the website. From there I try to play something and it takes me to the store to try and sell me another pass. Absolutely no way to watch anything on a laptop. 

I'm in Ireland, not sure if that is effecting things. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Personally I don’t watch Now TV via my laptop so can only try to give some advise or troubleshooting links.

Are you able to delete and reinstall the player for Now TV?

Hopefully this link will be of some help

https://help.nowtv.com/article/watching-now-tv-on-windows

It does mention a link to some troubleshooting 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/something-went-wrong-error-on-now-tv-player

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The OP mentioned that he had reinstalled it twice. I have done the same, just this morning. 

This seems to be the only advice on the Now TV website - to reinstall. I also went on to Chat and that was their only suggestion. Absolutely no use. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

exactly the same issue . Did you get it resolved ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi did you manage to get this resolved ?Having the exact same issue . Like a merrygoround. I Opened the app on my laptop and I get redirected to the website . then the website is just offering promotions . I’m on windows 10 so tried finding the app in the windows store but it said it is ‘currently unavailable ‘ there . Totally frustrated. Any solutions much appreciated. Thanks 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Try Downloading the App from the Windows Store as oppossed from their website, seems to have solved the issue for me. 

Hope that helps.