cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't watch anything

I just updated this silly nowtv app and now i cant watch anything... there is sound but not video, im talking about sport channels, premier league is on soon and I cant watch it!!!!! Cat Frustrated

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hi there, when you say updated it , was this the box or any other device ?

as we are currently having issues with the new mac player which is currently being fixed by the tech team.

If it is the nowtv box, try the reset button option. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Nah it's app on my laptop when I'm trying to watch any channel it does ask
me to install now tv app when I do it then channel launch in this app.
There is sound but no image
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the exact same problem. what is the point of paying if your app doesn;t even work??!! 

Is the problem fixed? Trying to watch united

@Anonymous User wrote:

I just updated this silly nowtv app and now i cant watch anything... there is sound but not video, im talking about sport channels, premier league is on soon and I cant watch it!!!!! Cat Frustrated

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Sorry about this, our tech guys are currently on this, we will keep you updated when this fault has been fixed. in the mean time we would advise to try a different device, and use a compatible broswer and not the nowtvplayer. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i mean your entire offerring is based on being able to watch sky on demand. if i can't watch south africa v argentina at 4pm i want a refund for the day pass!

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Sorry about this, our tech guys are currently on this, we will keep you updated when this fault has been fixed. in the mean time we would advise to try a different device, and use a compatible broswer and not the nowtvplayer. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Are you a Windows PC user ?

If so, i can't help with the issues with the NowTV player your are currently experiencing, however to get you out of the short term fix to watch the Rugby you could try the following alternatives on your Windows PC.

Windows Internet Explorer 11 with Silverlight might be an option (see link guide below).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/google-chrome-silverlight-compatibility

Or perhaps if you are using Windows 8.1 or higher you could try downloading the dedicated NowTV App from the Microsoft Store (which is different to the NowTV Player on your internet browser).

I don't use a PC for watching NowTV, however some users have had mixed results with the above alternative options.

If you are a Mac user then please ignore my post.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Me too.  I want my money back

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here, ever since the app updated I haven't been able to watch anything. Tried talking to the live chat today and basically got told it's being looked at and I should have a response in 24 or 48 hours  and this took over 25 minutes to get that far!

This is the sort of idiotic response you get:-

Rachael (9/17/2017, 11:27:02 AM): This will be resolved on a high priority base.
Me (9/17/2017, 11:28:17 AM): What does that mean?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem. The new update to the Windows Now TV Player desktop app has broken it, sound only and no video.