cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't watch House of the Dragon

When I try to watch House of the Dragon I am invited to 'enhance my membership' - I already have Entertainment; it wants to charge me ANOTHER £9.99 a month.

Anyone have any clue what this is about?

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Sounds like your not logged into NOW with the same account details. 

What device are you using?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I'm on a macbook pro - but I think I've worked out that it's because I'm
currently in the US and my account is in the UK - it used to work here
before but doesn't now, it seems!
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

NOW has never been legally watchable in the US. Only when the UK was in the EU you could use it up to 30 days before having to watch in the UK again.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

A couple of people have reported this on  their PC or Mac in the last day or so. 

Out of curiosity what happens it you try watching for example on the NOW App on your smart phone does it come up with a similar message (ensuring you are signed in with the correct account you purchased the NOW Entertainment Membership on).

If it does play on the phone check if it was added to your Continue Watching section on your PC or Mac.

Also if using a VPN disable it to see if it makes any difference. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

That would be the reason why.

NOW are clamping down on watching in other countries outside the UK.

If you are in the USA and there for more than a couple of weeks or even longer i would suggest you cancel your account (unless family members are still using your account in the UK).

Should the NOW system not allow you to cancel your TV Membership because you are not in the UK, then jump over to live chat and ask them to cancel on your behalf.

If you are in the USA for much longer, then possible look at something like HBO streaming service if you desperately want to watch House of the Dragon (assuming you can qualify using their service over there).