cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't seem to stay logged in

Why do I keep being asked to log back in to NowTV in my browser when watching the app? Seems that after about 10 minutes of viewing my browser has logged me out. Why can't I stay logged in like Netflix and Amazon Prime Videos. It's infuriating having to keep logging in after only a few minutes. Is it broken?

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Once again I, like many others are constantly having to log in to the now tv player every 10 minutes and you do nothing about it. Why? Sky must be getting sick of seeing the complaints on the forums. I'll give it a week then cancel subscription if not fixed. Thanks in advance.

I've sent this many times but never get a reply. The people involved with Now TV are either too lazy or too inept to solve the problem.
Simon_C
Mentor

Just adding another voice to this thread, as the short session timeout on the nowtv website is incredibly annoying, and should be trivial to address.

I can't see any plausible security reason for having a session timeout of ~1h or whatever it is; this isn't online banking, it's a video site.

Here's other people complaining about this 5 years ago: https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Windows-PCs-Laptops/NEW-IDEA-Stay-logged-in-Online-viewing-via-browse...

C'mon pals, please - it's 2021, we deserve this after all we've been through since 2016.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Simon_C 

This is a customer forum, so all we can do is agree with the possible changes.

Your best to direct the sound request to customer support. Address in the below picture.

gavs82008_0-1628356416836.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Simon_C
Mentor

Ah, thanks very much for this. Magnificently, they appear to have heard us, and now a "remember me" box both exists and works!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cheers pal. It makes using Now Tv a much better viewing experience. I now have to try and get BT to do the same but they are currently not listening or have no idea what I'm talking about. Thanks again.

Jamoss
Observer

Same here.

Every time I start NowTv I have to log back in. It's ridiculous. Was this ever sorted? I haven't scrolled through the whole thread. As people say there's no way I'll be extending my subscription if it carries on 

Nitro
Scholar 3

What browser do you use? I get 8-10 hours uninterrupted play, when watching cricket on Sky Sports - Edge Browser

RoyB
Legend

@Jamoss 

There is now a ‘Keep me logged in’ button on the login screen.

You can have the satisfaction of ticking this, and watching Now ignore that as well 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.