cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't install Nowtv Playeron mac "Could not complete installation" error!

Hi,

I cannot install the Now TV Player on my Macbook Pro... The installer opens, downloads and then when trying to install it says "Could not complete installation". I have tried a dozen times and it nothing changes. I have not had this problem with any other app on my Mac!

Can anyone help?

Thanks

21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

@Anonymous User

Hi Kezza, Marisha

if the installation wont finish on the mac then follow this and it should help.

1. remove all versions of now tv from mac.

2. restart mac

3. navigate to https://help.nowtv.com/article/watching-now-tv-on-a-mac and download the player.

4. navigate to the location of the download. right click the now tv install and select show package contents.

5. navigate contents - macOs.

6. run Install NowTv . a terminal window should open. DO NOT WORRY IT WILL STILL FAIL THE INSTALL !!!

7. in the terminal window you need to look for this towards the very end. The exact location will most likely be different.

installer: Error the package path specified was invalid: '/var/folders/0_/dxkn_c1152v964nglm555_5c0000gn/T/tmp-NOWTVPlayer-Mac.dmg’.”

8. Now open a finder window and navigate to your macintosh hd. (go/computer/macintosh hd)

9. Input cmd+shift+ .

10. you should now see all hidden files.

11. Navigate to the location given in the error in your terminal window and find and run the “tmp-Nowtvplayer-mac.dmg”

12. follow install instructions.

13. navigate to nowtv.com, login, start watching !!

14. to hide the hidden files in macintosh hd input. cmd + shift + .

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Might seem like a silly question, but how do you naviagte to the folder specified? Mine also comes up with the '/var/folders/' etc. path, but can't seem to find this?? Thanks so much in advance, Now Tv have been totally useless about this. 

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User

@Anonymous User

Hi Kezza, Marisha

if the installation wont finish on the mac then follow this and it should help.

1. remove all versions of now tv from mac.

2. restart mac

3. navigate to https://help.nowtv.com/article/watching-now-tv-on-a-mac and download the player.

4. navigate to the location of the download. right click the now tv install and select show package contents.

5. navigate contents - macOs.

6. run Install NowTv . a terminal window should open. DO NOT WORRY IT WILL STILL FAIL THE INSTALL !!!

7. in the terminal window you need to look for this towards the very end. The exact location will most likely be different.

installer: Error the package path specified was invalid: '/var/folders/0_/dxkn_c1152v964nglm555_5c0000gn/T/tmp-NOWTVPlayer-Mac.dmg’.”

8. Now open a finder window and navigate to your macintosh hd. (go/computer/macintosh hd)

9. Input cmd+shift+ .

10. you should now see all hidden files.

11. Navigate to the location given in the error in your terminal window and find and run the “tmp-Nowtvplayer-mac.dmg”

12. follow install instructions.

13. navigate to nowtv.com, login, start watching !!

14. to hide the hidden files in macintosh hd input. cmd + shift + .

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

If you look at step 8 it should help talk you through finding the file. Open finder and click on "go" in the top menu bar. Then select "computer" then select "macintosh hd".

When in macintosh hd press cmd,shift, +

And you will see the hidden files.

When finished press the same commands and they will be hidden again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

are you kidding me! life is too short to have to do all of that. why don't you sort it out so the download works!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

maybe take a second and realise im not now tv, just some now tv user who thought he might try and help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Aaah. Apologies I thought I was adding to the conversation rather than
talking at you. Sorry.

Take care.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I tried this approach and managed to install the NowTV application but now it just chucks up a complicated error when I try and launch. Anyone else struggling? I chatted to support but they said it was a technical issue that will be resolved 'shortly'. He also said if it wasn't resolved within 2-3 months (length of my current package...) then we could talk compensation. Jeeez.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

PS, is it possible this is linked to operating system version? Mine is old - Yosemite.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

have now tv sorted this yet? cancelling subscription if not sorted today. fed up of wasting time trying to sort this.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

did you find a solution?