cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marisha
Mentor

Re: Can't install Nowtv Playeron mac "Could not complete installation" error!

I got exactly the same. Seems to be a problem which started today - there's a message in the Service Update section. 

My player was working fine on my Mac yesterday. Today - wouldn't play a thing - seemed to be in a loop, telling me to go to the website for 'exciting content'. 

Followed Help instructions to delete player an reinstall, and then it wouldn't complete installation for me. Problem must be at the NOWtv end.

Highlighted
Croftie
Scholar

@Kezza1973

@Marisha

Hi Kezza, Marisha

if the installation wont finish on the mac then follow this and it should help.

1. remove all versions of now tv from mac.

2. restart mac

3. navigate to https://help.nowtv.com/article/watching-now-tv-on-a-mac and download the player.

4. navigate to the location of the download. right click the now tv install and select show package contents.

5. navigate contents - macOs.

6. run Install NowTv . a terminal window should open. DO NOT WORRY IT WILL STILL FAIL THE INSTALL !!!

7. in the terminal window you need to look for this towards the very end. The exact location will most likely be different.

installer: Error the package path specified was invalid: '/var/folders/0_/dxkn_c1152v964nglm555_5c0000gn/T/tmp-NOWTVPlayer-Mac.dmg’.”

8. Now open a finder window and navigate to your macintosh hd. (go/computer/macintosh hd)

9. Input cmd+shift+ .

10. you should now see all hidden files.

11. Navigate to the location given in the error in your terminal window and find and run the “tmp-Nowtvplayer-mac.dmg”

12. follow install instructions.

13. navigate to nowtv.com, login, start watching !!

14. to hide the hidden files in macintosh hd input. cmd + shift + .

0 Thanks
Rachel-

Might seem like a silly question, but how do you naviagte to the folder specified? Mine also comes up with the '/var/folders/' etc. path, but can't seem to find this?? Thanks so much in advance, Now Tv have been totally useless about this. 

@Croftie wrote:

@Kezza1973

@Marisha

Hi Kezza, Marisha

if the installation wont finish on the mac then follow this and it should help.

1. remove all versions of now tv from mac.

2. restart mac

3. navigate to https://help.nowtv.com/article/watching-now-tv-on-a-mac and download the player.

4. navigate to the location of the download. right click the now tv install and select show package contents.

5. navigate contents - macOs.

6. run Install NowTv . a terminal window should open. DO NOT WORRY IT WILL STILL FAIL THE INSTALL !!!

7. in the terminal window you need to look for this towards the very end. The exact location will most likely be different.

installer: Error the package path specified was invalid: '/var/folders/0_/dxkn_c1152v964nglm555_5c0000gn/T/tmp-NOWTVPlayer-Mac.dmg’.”

8. Now open a finder window and navigate to your macintosh hd. (go/computer/macintosh hd)

9. Input cmd+shift+ .

10. you should now see all hidden files.

11. Navigate to the location given in the error in your terminal window and find and run the “tmp-Nowtvplayer-mac.dmg”

12. follow install instructions.

13. navigate to nowtv.com, login, start watching !!

14. to hide the hidden files in macintosh hd input. cmd + shift + .

0 Thanks
Croftie
Scholar

Hi @Rachel-

If you look at step 8 it should help talk you through finding the file. Open finder and click on "go" in the top menu bar. Then select "computer" then select "macintosh hd".

When in macintosh hd press cmd,shift, +

And you will see the hidden files.

When finished press the same commands and they will be hidden again.

0 Thanks
fedupofnowtv
Advocate

have now tv sorted this yet? cancelling subscription if not sorted today. fed up of wasting time trying to sort this.

0 Thanks
fedupofnowtv
Advocate

did you find a solution?

0 Thanks
fedupofnowtv
Advocate

are you kidding me! life is too short to have to do all of that. why don't you sort it out so the download works!

0 Thanks
Croftie
Scholar

@fedupofnowtv

maybe take a second and realise im not now tv, just some now tv user who thought he might try and help.

0 Thanks
fedupofnowtv
Advocate

Aaah. Apologies I thought I was adding to the conversation rather than
talking at you. Sorry.

Take care.
0 Thanks
sfm1991
Advocate

I tried this approach and managed to install the NowTV application but now it just chucks up a complicated error when I try and launch. Anyone else struggling? I chatted to support but they said it was a technical issue that will be resolved 'shortly'. He also said if it wasn't resolved within 2-3 months (length of my current package...) then we could talk compensation. Jeeez.

0 Thanks