cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't install NOW TV Player

Originally posted this as a reply to a previous thread but got no response:

I have run the "NowTV Player - Installer.app" multiple times and no app appears in ~/Applications or /Applications

My Mac is a MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2016), running macOS Sierra 10.12.3

Any help would be much appreciated as I was getting by using silverlight in firefox but it now forces me to use the NowTV player.

Would appreciate some support as I can't actually use my Now TV subscription.

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Originally posted this as a reply to a previous thread but got no response:

I have run the "NowTV Player - Installer.app" multiple times and no app appears in ~/Applications or /Applications

My Mac is a MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2016), running macOS Sierra 10.12.3

Any help would be much appreciated as I was getting by using silverlight in firefox but it now forces me to use the NowTV player.

Would appreciate some support as I can't actually use my Now TV subscription.

Going to send you a direct PM with something to try.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this same issue - tried downloading it several times but itis still not in my applications folder and i can't play any tv shows 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also have this issue. I download the app and unzip (filename: 'NowTV Player - Installer.app) and run it. It shows a window with a progress bar, saying its "Downloading NOW TV Player".

Once finished, there is a button on this window that states "Installling NOW TV Player" and when complete it says "Successfully installed NOW TV Player" with a button that says "Finish Installation".

After clicking Finish Installation I go back to the browser and try again. Nothing happens when I click to play.

This does not show in the Applications folder nor does it show in ~/Applications/ (there is nothing in there to be exact).

I have a video re-creating this issue but if any NowTV employee wants to see it - I don't really want to post that on a public forum.

Details of my (brand new) Mac are:

System Version: macOS 10.12.4 (16E195)

Kernel Version: Darwin 16.5.0

Boot Volume: Macintosh HD

Boot Mode: Normal

Computer Name: ********

User Name: *** *** (***)

Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled

System Integrity Protection: Enabled

Time since boot: 48 minutes

Any ideas?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exact same issue as Osheri described for me - except on an older Mac.

Tried to resolve it 5 times with NowTV staff chat today - spent 5 hours on it - no result.

Always ends in NowTV help suggesting deleting history/cookies and restarting all browsers - but of course, that cuts off the chat line. Then you have to start again. And again...

Beyond frustrating.

skellycycle
Advocate

Just had 2 long chats with support.

Player does not work on Safari.

That is official.

You have to download an old version of Firefox to get it to work.

Unfortunately lots of applications such as Citrix won't work on old versions.

This is the only workaround or watch it on your phone.

Shame they don't tell you that before you pay.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anyone have ideas for what you can do when both Safari (10) and Firefox (old and new) cannot install the player? I've a 2013 iMac, updated to Sierra (10,12.5). Tried a few times now and each time I'm told the installation could not be completed and to try again later. My phone is 15 years old so not really an option!

Any advise would be much appreciated. I'm not sure to why we can't keep watching as per usual...? There's 'Last Week Tonight...' to be watching and GoT is returning soon!

Thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly whats happening to me sooooo freaking annoying 

@Anonymous User wrote:

Exact same issue as Osheri described for me - except on an older Mac.

Tried to resolve it 5 times with NowTV staff chat today - spent 5 hours on it - no result.

Always ends in NowTV help suggesting deleting history/cookies and restarting all browsers - but of course, that cuts off the chat line. Then you have to start again. And again...

Beyond frustrating.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been trying to sort the same problem for three months and it is a complete waste of time. Worse still, having made a formal complaint and been promised contact they still have made no effort to contact me. They confirm it is a technical problem they are trying to solve but continue to take payments after being advised that I cannot use the service.

They are in breach of their own code of practise and legislative requirement and I am now so annoyed at their ignorant behaviour that I am determined to find a way to take action outside of the company and to expose and embarass them as it is disgusting to just ignore people who are paying for a service that doesnt work.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I feel your pain. I have Mac Book and Now TV player has stopped working for the last few months. The technical and customer support offered by Now TV is a joke. I have a case open and all they do is make the same suggestions repeatedly, it is as if no one is taking ownership of the case and bothering to read what has already been suggested.

The last contact I had was two weeks ago and what has followed has been radio silence. Yet Now TV are quite happy to take my money. It is tantamount to robbery. I’m going to contact Trading Standards and report them.