cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Boycott Now TV

Please listen very carefully. 

The Now TV Player is causing irreversible damage to laptops and computers. Please do not use it. Today we had a fair number of customers contact us at Now TV to advise that they were experiencing issues with devices overheating, the player causing other apps and settings on their computers to become corrupted and reconfigured and we do not offer a robust enough customer support system to offer any help. My recommendation to all customers who use the app is to uninstall it and cancel their membership with Now TV if you have experienced any issues with the player buffering or crashing. If for some reason your device has unexpectedly crashed and shut down and you have had to reboot. Cancel immediately and remove from your machine. 

7 REPLIES 7
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Please listen very carefully. 

The Now TV Player is causing irreversible damage to laptops and computers. Please do not use it. Today we had a fair number of customers contact us at Now TV to advise that they were experiencing issues with devices overheating, the player causing other apps and settings on their computers to become corrupted and reconfigured and we do not offer a robust enough customer support system to offer any help. My recommendation to all customers who use the app is to uninstall it and cancel their membership with Now TV if you have experienced any issues with the player buffering or crashing. If for some reason your device has unexpectedly crashed and shut down and you have had to reboot. Cancel immediately and remove from your machine. 

Hi @Anonymous User Can you please give more detail regarding these issues? What was your CPU temp during usage? What files where modified when running the NOW TV Player? Was any malware found? Thanks. We'll get to the bottom of it.

Edit: What Mac are you using or if it's PC, what are the general specs? Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Why do you have such unrealistic and ridiculous expectations of your customers knowing anything about ‘CPU temp usage’, ‘MALWARE’ or what files were modified? Your NOWTV customers are not IT EXPERTS OR IT ENGINEERS! This may come as a surprise to you but they have signed up to NOWTV to be able to watch it! There are too many customers complaining about technical issues and not enough customers WATCHING THE ACTUAL PLAYER OR USING THEIR NOW TV DEVICES! Please sort this out. Trying to resolve tech issues via a chat service is impossible and at times ludicrous. Please come back with a adequate reply so as to not cause me any further frustration.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

"Today we had a fair number of customers contact us at Now TV to advise that they were experiencing issues..." Do you work at NowTV?

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User 

"Today we had a fair number of customers contact us at Now TV to advise that they were experiencing issues..." Do you work at NowTV?

@Anonymous User No 😕

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's amazing the lengths people have to go to to get you guys to listen. The web app is broken. Now tv was a mess for me on 3 different devices on Sunday. 2 seem ok now but the web app is still unwatchable. Things aren't rosy and though obviously lying I respect the OP's endeavour to get things out there.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

It's amazing the lengths people have to go to to get you guys to listen. The web app is broken. Now tv was a mess for me on 3 different devices on Sunday. 2 seem ok now but the web app is still unwatchable. Things aren't rosy and though obviously lying I respect the OP's endeavour to get things out there.

@Anonymous User

I still don't understand what actual device this is happening on.  I'm just trying to help OP out by getting as much detail as possible.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:
Why do you have such unrealistic and ridiculous expectations of your customers knowing anything about ‘CPU temp usage’, ‘MALWARE’ or what files were modified? Your NOWTV customers are not IT EXPERTS OR IT ENGINEERS! This may come as a surprise to you but they have signed up to NOWTV to be able to watch it! There are too many customers complaining about technical issues and not enough customers WATCHING THE ACTUAL PLAYER OR USING THEIR NOW TV DEVICES! Please sort this out. Trying to resolve tech issues via a chat service is impossible and at times ludicrous. Please come back with a adequate reply so as to not cause me any further frustration.

You brought up the fact that our APP is changing your software and affecting your hardware. I was trying to help.  Where did you get the info that our software was causing corruption on your PC (Or Mac as i still don't know what you are using) You haven't given me any info to go on so i have to probe and ask certain questions. We'll start off with: What device are you using?