cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Boost on NowTV Windows 10 App

Does Boost work with the Windows 10 App ??

My desktop screen is a 43" 4K  and would like to up it to 1080p cough 4K when ya ready BTW

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The NowTV Windows App nor the NowTV Player for PC & Mac currently supports the Boost Pass at 1080p or 5.1 surround sound at the moment.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-tv-boost 

Perhaps if your PC Monitor has a HDMI input port spare on it maybe consider plugging in a NowTV Stick if you want full HD playback ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

OK I will save my money and go without, NowTV is the last streaming service I Sub too that does any decent resolution Amazon Netflix even Apple TV plays via a web browser and in 1080p or UHD

Not a chance am I buying another Streaming Stick  my 3x Now TV Boxes are more than enough for the TV's of the house - I spend most of my time game developing and like to have another computer screen dedicated to either movies or tv show streaming.

Thanks for answer though 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Is this something that's being actively worked on?

Some people have HTPC's etc instead of streaming sticks.

Thanks!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's what I'd like to know. I mistakenly started the free 7 day trial thinking the W10 app was compatible but not so it appears, will have to cancel until it's sorted, if that's the intention.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also started the Now TV player with the impression that it would be supported by boost.

I find it puzzling that Now TV does not support high definition or surround sound when its competitor does which offering more content and at a cheaper price.

Are there any plans to implement high definition and surround sound into the Now TV windows 10 app or browser player?

ldndeveloper
Advocate

I also find it incredibly annoying, it costs £30+ p/m for sports and it doesn't even have FHD on huge platforms! My cynical feeling is that breaking/reverse engineering the DRM protections on the unsupported platforms is potentially easier and NowTV can't be bothered OR don't want to spend money upping the security on the apps to provide FHD access on platforms like Windows 10/Android/iOS.