cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bad Audio / Visuals on Game of Thrones

So I've bought NOW tv to watch GOT season 8. And I'm not impressed with the quality of the audio / Visuals whilst streaming from my MacBook Pro. 

The audio sounds really low def to me - no crisp hight end or deep bass, it's really noticeable when you compare it to good quality audio.

The picture quality is alright (ish) until you get a planning shot and the frame rate dips significantly, and all you can see is an irritating shudder. 

I understand that these things aren't a big issue to everyone. But it's a bit ridiculous how this is the only legitimate way for non Sky Subscribers / Non Now TV box holders to watch season 8, and they're feeding through a really bang average and frankly not good enough stream. What is going on NOW TV? I watched most of the last season round at my friend's house on his Sky Box and the quality was perfect, why can't we have the same stream? 

I have tried it on different browsers, different computers, reset my router and still the same results. And if you put a show on Netflix or Amazon the quality is great...

I've seen several other similar to complaints to this on here, and can't find an official answer from you. Can we have one, please?

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Quality is terrible, it actually pushed me over the edge and I cancelled entertainment package. GoT was the only thing I wanted to watch and the experience is so bad I decided I’d wait for Apple TV to release it.

Only thing I’ve kept nowtv for is the occasional footbal game. Hopefully they can fix their quality problems or I can find an alternative provider.

It’s amazing that Netflix/Apple can offer Dolby vision and NowTV still provide some dodgy VHS like rubbish.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What did you expect? Sky is owned by Rupert Murdoch

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

Sky is not owned by Rupert Murdoch anymore, it was sold to Comcast towards the end of last year. 

Comcast seem to be pretty focused on improving streaming over in the States. So I hope that is mirrored here. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi All,

Just to keep the issue alive. I have 1gb to premise and Apple 4k. Netflix and all other services via the Apple box are super. NOWTV not so much, only took the offer to watch GOT and right from the start the lag is awful. It makes the show unwatchable in some scenes. The problem is even worse as you can't even pause to allow buffering to overtake, but I know thats not the issue. 

By the number of complaints NOWTV needs to update the quality of the video.

I'll be cancelling this subscription and I'll wait till the 21st May when I can watch Series 8 via Apple.