cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Awful picture quality

Now TV really should make it clearer that when you subscribe on PC for £9.99 a month for their entertainment package that all you get is low quality audio and can occasionally make out what is happening on the screen. 720p? Not a chance. 480p on Youtube is better quality than this, both audio and picture. 

This is by far the worst quality streaming site out there, only joined for HoD and the awful quality has spoiled the first 2 episodes. I really can't get over how bad it is and I'm not buying a box for 1 TV show when it also has ads as well. Complete rip off.

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't use a PC myself for watching NOW, where the max resolution when watching NOW on a PC is 720p even if you had the additional Boost Membership.

A few people have reported PQ issues with House of the Dragon when watching NOW on a PC.

If it was me i would be tempted has a temporary test to try something like Google Public DNS on your PC to see if there is any improvement or not.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i too feel cheated the nowtv Windows player is totally incapable of streaming at 720p.

And they have next to no customer support. how do people live with this ?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

They have Entertainment and Boost, and they have House of the Dragon roaring out of the native app on their 65” LG OLED and its companion soundbar, sub and rears for the full 1080p and 5.1 experience that Now is capable of, with no ads.

Well, we do anyway 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You don’t ‘subscribe on PC’. You subscribe to Now, and you can use any devices that Now support, one at a time without Boost, or three at a time with.

There are better Now experiences than you can get on a PC, and your subscription entitles you to use them.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I'm sorry I didn't use the correct phrase, which is clearly the important
thing here. I'm good now, cancelled and refunded. If I want to watch
something with 4 pixels, I will play my old game boy :).

Thanks for the well thought out and helpful reply!
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Thank you, that’s nice, glad I could help, if not quite in the way I intended.

My laptop is switched off at the moment, as SWMBO demanded I clean my desk or else, but I shall have a play with Now on it later on, see if I can get it up above four pixels 😛

RoyB
Legend

F36E659A-3D1A-4625-BDE2-0E866D02DC6D.jpeg

iMac Retina 4K Monterey 12.4

087F6944-0FC4-49E4-AAF4-866D4809DD42.jpeg

Dell XPS 15 9550 Windows 10

I’ve no idea why the captions I was invited to add to these photos don’t appear 😢

redchiz1
Champion 2

You need to update the software on your Mac @RoyB😉

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 wrote:

You need to update the software on your Mac @RoyB😉

@redchiz1 

Will that make the picture even better?

Anyway, 12.6 now downloading thanks, me having given it a prod after you gave me one, noting the setting I have ticked, ‘Automatically keep my Mac up to date’, or similar. Maybe it was waiting for tonight?