cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Awful NowTV player!

I came online to watch some tv through IE explorer 11 (which i have done happily countless times). When i signed in it was a completely different page than usual which IE didnt recognise, which forced me to change my password which was previously automatically filled in for me by IE.

Then i was forced to download the new NOWTV player app. I didnt ruddy well want it! I wanted to watch through my browser as usual. All you companies are constantly tinkering with perfectly good systems it drives me crazy.

The Nowtv player is absolutely rubbish. Every few seconds the control buttons appear (pause, progress bar etc) which just ruins the enjoyment of the program, - cant see half of it! So intrusive.

If you're going to force people to use your crappy apps then at least make them work properly.

Sorry to be rude but i am so sick of finding arrangements that i'm happy with only for some bright spark to tinker with a perfectly good system & ruin. You've got 14 days to put that right or i'm cancelling my subscription!

Not happy at all

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's worth being 100% clear.

1. Stream quality in the NOW TV app for Windows PC is terrible.

2. The fact that TORCHWOOD-HUB turns up in most threads saying it works fine for them isn't helpful in any way shape or form, nor is their advice about connections. It's just trolling.

3. Almost all viewers will be using 1 or more of the competing streaming services, e.g. BBC iplayer, Amazon Prime or Netflix, without issue which should OBVIOUSLY indicate their connection is not the issue. Especially as some of those services offer better streaming quality and therefore require more bandwidth than the NOW TV app.

4. NO USER should to start messing about with their computer settings in a futile attempt to get the NOW TV app to function. If other services work on your PC there is absolutely nothing you can change in your computer settings that will remedy the issue.

5. The app is the issue, nothing else.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The App is rubbish, I want browser watching back please.

Nothing wrong with my conection its speed or my PC. I play MMOs and stream on other services without issue

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

It's worth being 100% clear.

1. Stream quality in the NOW TV app for Windows PC is terrible.

2. The fact that TORCHWOOD-HUB turns up in most threads saying it works fine for them isn't helpful in any way shape or form, nor is their advice about connections. It's just trolling.

3. Almost all viewers will be using 1 or more of the competing streaming services, e.g. BBC iplayer, Amazon Prime or Netflix, without issue which should OBVIOUSLY indicate their connection is not the issue. Especially as some of those services offer better streaming quality and therefore require more bandwidth than the NOW TV app.

4. NO USER should to start messing about with their computer settings in a futile attempt to get the NOW TV app to function. If other services work on your PC there is absolutely nothing you can change in your computer settings that will remedy the issue.

5. The app is the issue, nothing else.

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User Back in today after a few days. Chasing updates on this again and i was even testing it myself over the weekend to see what personal feedback i can give to the dev team too. Keep posting all issues in the orginal thread as the bigger the scope, the bigger the hope. Thanks 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was also happy using the one window log in... took me a few minutes to register and log in with the app (which I HAD to download otherwise I couldn't watch anything) so missed these minutes of the program I wanted to watch on 'live' streaming.

The issue isn't my connectivity because I'm able to watch other programs live or recorded on other websites and it's absolutley fine. The problem I have is the that choice was taken away and now I'm left with an app that doesn't work on my P.C.

I've spent 30 minutes of my evening getting more and more annoyed at the streaming quality in which the picture is blurred much of the time AND more annoyingly the sound is jumping around like a scratched cd. Really, really unimpressed 😠

Going to attempt it on my tablet to see if that's any better but really downloading the app on your laptop should be optional (especially seeing as the website worked fine before!!)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there! I am sorry to here that you are still having problems! I wish, that I was a tech person, but I am not, but it sounds like to me, that there could be a problem, with the streming code, that the programms run off, it the coding is slightly off, then no programme will run properly! But I could be wrong, I did say, that I was not a tech person, but, I do know, about 10% of technology of computers!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I haven't been able to watch now tv for almost a month. I have called to complain and followed the troubleshoot exercises but its still no better.  

The stream quality is 90 it should be over 4000, and to rub salt in my wounds, I bought a weeks sky sports subscription and only managed to watch one match, paying for something I could not use.

This has gone on far too long now, when will it be resolved?