cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Awful NowTV player!

I came online to watch some tv through IE explorer 11 (which i have done happily countless times). When i signed in it was a completely different page than usual which IE didnt recognise, which forced me to change my password which was previously automatically filled in for me by IE.

Then i was forced to download the new NOWTV player app. I didnt ruddy well want it! I wanted to watch through my browser as usual. All you companies are constantly tinkering with perfectly good systems it drives me crazy.

The Nowtv player is absolutely rubbish. Every few seconds the control buttons appear (pause, progress bar etc) which just ruins the enjoyment of the program, - cant see half of it! So intrusive.

If you're going to force people to use your crappy apps then at least make them work properly.

Sorry to be rude but i am so sick of finding arrangements that i'm happy with only for some bright spark to tinker with a perfectly good system & ruin. You've got 14 days to put that right or i'm cancelling my subscription!

Not happy at all

15 REPLIES 15
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. 

If you are using Windows 8.1/10 then you might prefer to download the dedicated NOW TV app from the Windows Store and use that to watch

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/p/now-tv/9wzdncrdm157

Otherwise if you'd rather watch in-browser I'd suggest keeping an eye on this thread where @Tony-D from the NOW TV Team is looking into the current situation regarding whether in-browser watching is still supported.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Windows-PCs-Laptops/Now-TV-tring-to-run-via-app-instead-of-browser/td-p/459219/page/4

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thanks i dont want to use the app - I often like to watch in one window while also keeping an eye on other things in other windows on my screen & the app only works full screen (i had it before). 

The Tony-D link takes me to his page, not a thread. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

found the thread you must have meant titled "breakthrough"?

I certainly have not the time, energy or expertise to do all the unisntalling etc that was done by the final poster. I can uninstall/reinstall silverlight, clear browser history & manage pop ups etc. I use chrome & IE11 it's the same either way (windows 8.1)

Why should i have to do anything more technical, or indeed anything at all frankly. I understand that programs sometimes get corrupted & have to be reinstalled but everything else should run smoothly if the now team didnt keep pratting about. 

Both netflix & amazon prime seem to manage to provide in browser streaming on IE, chrome and firefox without any issues whatsoever in the last 5yrs at least. Why cant Nowtv do the same? It's poor imo.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV Player work great on the computer, that I use, I have no problems with it, the issue, that you are having might be due to the internet server that you are useing!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi it's not just me there are several threads on this forum complaining about it.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy thanks, we cross posted.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User It's OK, I'm hoping Tony will report back that you can still watch in-browser as there's quite a few people wanting to still do that, he said he would post updates in that thread so worth keeping an eye on it. Fingers crossed!