cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

App keeps closing

Using windows 10 laptop every time i try to watch something on the Now TV app it goes to a black screen then blue then closes the app, i only have two devices on my list so should be able to add another, not holding out much hope that this will be sorted they will just tell me reinstall the app  which i have done several times, don't understand why they offer a service which doesn't work on a common platform like Windows 10...

5 REPLIES 5
RoyB
Legend

Are you using the NowTV app you can download from the Microsoft Store on Windows 10?

If not, download that and try it. If you are already using it, try deleting it, rebooting, and then reinstalling it,

But both this and the earlier, less convenient, two-part browser plus player arrangement, work fine on my Windows 10 laptop, and on other peoples’ too, otherwise we would have scads of complaints, so there is no generic problem here, perhaps just some local issue with your laptop.

But hopefully the advice above will get you over it; if not, we will have to start going through error logs to find out what, precisely, is blue-screening it.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this issue too. It worked last time I used it but now the screen keeps now turning blue and closing. The Windows store app is giving me the "something's not right" message, so it doesn't work that way either. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both apps, but it's made no difference. Judging by the Microsoft app reviews, this seems to be a common problem. I have just cancelled my subscription as a result - no point if I can't actually watch anything.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had this problem, it worked fine for days then just stopped, did you download the app from their website? if so delete the now tv app and use this link and get it from the store

use this https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/now-tv/9wzdncrdm157?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

download it from the store and it works fine for me hope this helps!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My app keeps closing as soon as it opens too. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the player to no avail. I clicked on the microsoft store link to download that app and unfortunatley it says that 'Now TV is currently unavailable'. 

Would love some help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue with the Android app on Samsung Tab A7.

If I keep restarting it then after around 10 restarts it eventually works.

This time around I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and it works until I try and play a new episode and then it fails again - no message, it just disappears off the screen.