cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any option on Mac other than the Now TV Player?

Hi

Is there not another option on Mac other than the Now TV Player?

Cheers.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi

Is there not another option on Mac other than the Now TV Player?

Cheers.

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the Fourm, unfortunately for the Mac we require you to follow specific steps which can be found here www.nowtv.com/article/watching-now-tv-on-a-mac 

hope this helps 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I followed the link but got a page not found.

I set up safari as suggested el;sewhere but it still kept asking me to install the app. Anyway I did try installing the app again and this time it worked better (the mouse is no longer visible all the time) so I suppose that solves things.

Not sure why an app is needed though. Wouldn;t it be easier just to veiew in a browser?

Cheers anyway.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi,

I followed the link but got a page not found.

I set up safari as suggested el;sewhere but it still kept asking me to install the app. Anyway I did try installing the app again and this time it worked better (the mouse is no longer visible all the time) so I suppose that solves things.

Not sure why an app is needed though. Wouldn;t it be easier just to veiew in a browser?

Cheers anyway.

@Anonymous User

By an chance have you downloaded silverlight to the mac, try this article to show how to

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Compatible-browsers-and-Microsoft-Silverlight-for-Macs

Safari is not supported so it would be better to use the internet explorer on the Mac, there was a new update released recently try these steps:

Note: Before doing this, make sure the NOW TV Player app is closed.

1. Open Finder on your Mac.
  2. Click your username on the left hand side bar or in the top menu bar click Go and select your Home folder (see image below).
  3. Go into your Applications
  4. Move the NOW TV Player to your trash.
  5. Next open your browser in either a private or incognito window... or clear your cookies.
  6. Try to watch something and you should be taken through the install journey like you were the first time.
  7. In theory, this should allow you to perform a fresh install of the latest player

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thank you for this reply.  I am amazed that Safari is not being supported considering it accounts for 30% of all browser usage online.

anyhow... i am trying it with Firefox and will update after a few attempts to view. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

update:  its no better with Firefox....

any idea when a new version will be released?  will it be pushed out or do we have to monitor when an updated version is available...

@Anonymous User wrote:

thank you for this reply.  I am amazed that Safari is not being supported considering it accounts for 30% of all browser usage online.

anyhow... i am trying it with Firefox and will update after a few attempts to view. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just discovered the app and was excited to see it but I'm more than disappointed as the sound quality is absolutely appalling. I use a HDMI cable to connect my mac to the tv and we just tried watching game of thrones but couldn't hear a word. Lack of balance or something.... had to dismantle the Xbox from another room to watch it on the main television. Really annoying especially with no notice of this new app! Anyone else had this issue or resolved it?? Tried the live chat but my phone kept dropping out.