cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

After upgrade to 6.1.0, the plays keeps loading for ever

I have 2 OSX HighSierra. After upgrading to latest 6.1.0 player, I am not able to watch any content. It just loads for ever. On on of them, I stiil have the old 4.0.2 player and that one works. So seems new 6.1.0 version doesn't work on HighSierra. Problem is: there is no way to downngrade or download another version of the player.

It is very annoying paying for something you can't use.... And the support just keeps saying to check my connection, which has definitely no issue, without any reason: seems they just copy and paste sentences, instead of checking if the service they should provide works and if not, fix it. If this isn't solved very soon, I will have to resign to the service. Very disappointing experience in my very first month in NowTV.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks all for the replies! Finally I managed to have it working removing all from the cache, removing all the apps and then restart using it. So i was asked to download the player and from then it started working. It is kind of ridiculous that after an upgrade nothing works like this and downloading a player from their website doesn't work either. It is way too paiful to use NowTv, too many problems. Wondering if they have any idea about what QA means...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Frankly, I've given up. I'll be cancelling my sub later this week. The application is horrible, slow, and clumsy. The website requires daily logins and is poorly organised, slow, and difficult to navigate. The video streaming is obviously well below par compared to ANY other alternative. And there's some damn Cisco app that blocks my computer shutting down. Also, why am I disabling half my background services just to stop the controls from blinking into view every two minutes? Why? It's ridiculous!

Alternatives use a browser for viewing, are easy to navigate, have lots of quality content, and can stream really well, even on evenings when your broadband service can sometimes suck they can STILL jam something close to 1080p down the connection. They don't have Sky or partner programming - I'm beginning to think I really really don't need those anymore.

NowTV desperately needs a few technology upgrades that don't date from the 90s...

P.S. Website now redirecting me to the shop so it's impossible to do anything...lol. The timing! I hope support check my account logs - this is the first time in a week or more I've tried using the service I pay for and find it broken! It's...sort of hillarious.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Try enabling the aero theme.  I did it, following a post on here, and it worked.  Finally I can watch my programme!  Here is a link to the thread.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/PC-Mac/What-s-up-with-this-new-version-of-NowTV-player-6-1-0-0/td-p/4...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks all for the replies! Finally I managed to have it working removing all from the cache, removing all the apps and then restart using it. So i was asked to download the player and from then it started working. It is kind of ridiculous that after an upgrade nothing works like this and downloading a player from their website doesn't work either. It is way too paiful to use NowTv, too many problems. Wondering if they have any idea about what QA means...