cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

9.99 subscription is 480p Quality at most with a lease line.

how do they get away with selling a 720p model, the now tv pc app is not capable of this.

5 REPLIES 5
redchiz1
Champion 2

NOW do support 720p on all devices, PCs are not the go to choice for most. Perhaps you need to check your settings?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

If you use a streaming stick or Smart TV that is supported then you can get 1080p with boost.

Like @redchiz1  mentioned there must be something wrong with your settings to not get 720p.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

What’s a lease line?

At a technical level, the Now signal will not compensate for any shortcomings in the transmission to your equipment by dropping to 480p; it will pixelate or buffer. So if you are getting a steady 480p, you need to determine what your PC is doing to drop the incoming 720p to this lower resolution.

But how do you know the spec of the Now video picture you are getting on your PC? i.e. where are you reading off 480p?

What is the video spec of your PC? What is the make and model of your PC?

But as @redchiz1 mentioned, Now on a PC is not its best self (too many variables in the receiving platform to contend with) and you should not condemn it without seeing it as it was intended, via a Stick/box or as a native TV app.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

A lease line is a business level internet connection.  400mbs up and down at all times , I mention it because the problem is exactly that They sell the subscription to pc users knowing full well how bad the video codec is for the pc app , it’s not about using a tv only . A steaming service that has its worst service at the pc level is just baffling . At least state this issue when selling the product .  Either way I’ve cancelled and will never pay for a service that just does not deliver 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

And let’s be honest apart from house of dragons theirs nothing on their worth watching XD