cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Weegie247
Advocate

720p streams for PC? It's 2023 - Why are we not any closer to 1080p50?

I don't see what Sky gain in the long run limiting users to higher quality streams via TVs etc when they specifically pay for it with their Boost package. Yes I could go into the common area in the flatshare I live in but I want to enjoy it in my room. I shouldn't have to buy a TV simply to get the HQ streams when they already exist. They will say it's to cut down on piracy but it only takes one person to share it via their service or where-ever, its not going to change. If anything it just pushes people to look for higher quality and illegal streams if it really matters to them. 

Not that I imagine this post will make them change their ways but if you're after the same thing, comment below to show your support. 

• PC
2 REPLIES 2
Popeye13
Scholar 2

I have to agree! When even ITV are providing 1080p streams of their channels, i find the lack of quality from NOW to be as strange as ever!

They're never forward-thinking, its always crippling instead of innovating and advancing.

(BT Sport, Discovery+, BBC iPlayer, STV Player, ITVX and Prime Video offer 1080p streams of live channels and im sure there are a few more too) When you consider how long they're dragged their heels over providing a proper 5.1 experience for the Apple TV box, the lack of quality on a browser isn't really a surprise.

RoyB
Legend

@Weegie247 

Netflix charge more for 1080p than SD, or whatever their basic resolution is.

I think Now’s most unpopular step was the drop from 2 simultaneous streams to 1 if you don’t have Boost, especially as it’s a bear to stop the streaming correctly when you just want to change the room you are watching on.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.