cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

streaming on nowtvplayer

I have been having a problem tonight streaming onto my pc using the nowtv player.  I can navigate the site fine and then after clicking play nowtv player loads up and then...nothing.

Sometimes it just shows the splash screen telling me to navigate the site to find something to watch, other times it comes up with an error code 2000, and occasionally even the splash screen fails and it looks like an old html screen.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled, I have cleared cookies, I have disconnected and reconnected my router, I have restarted my computer, I have then uninstalled and reinstalled and cleared cookies again but the issue remains unchanged.

Since I was trying to watch house of the dragon I figured I would try and watch anything else to see if it was a content specific problem but nope its everything.  

At this point I tried looking to see if others were struggling as well but nothing is coming up in google and I can't see anything immediately on these forums either that isn't old and telling me to do things I have already tried.

Any ideas or suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Out of curiosity I just hit play on a video while I returned to respond to comments and wouldn't you know it, it works.  

This was not my pc at fault, it was not something I had done or some fault on my end, this was the nowtv player or the nowtv website refusing to work for some reason that is nothing to do with me.

The fact that the issue is not widespread and was isolated to me does not change this fact.  I went to sleep, woke up came here and it is suddenly magically functioning despite no further effort from me.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Out of curiosity I just hit play on a video while I returned to respond to comments and wouldn't you know it, it works.  

This was not my pc at fault, it was not something I had done or some fault on my end, this was the nowtv player or the nowtv website refusing to work for some reason that is nothing to do with me.

The fact that the issue is not widespread and was isolated to me does not change this fact.  I went to sleep, woke up came here and it is suddenly magically functioning despite no further effort from me.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You’ve clicked ‘Accept Answer’ on one of your own posts, where you probably meant to click ‘Reply’.

Now people may think it is solved, and wander off to help others, while actually your problem is ongoing 😢

Can you go back to that Accept Answer and unclick it, or something similar?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No it is resolved, I clicked on accept answer to my own answer, but the wrong answer.

My final post details that upon returning to reply and hopefully get help, I clicked play and am currently just about to finish the latest episode of house of the dragon.

The problem resolved itself, because the problem was NEVER on my end it was nowtv struggling to run its own house while I desperately struggled to fix a problem that did not exist.