cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

spotify app

hello 🙂

spotify app isn’t loading on my now tv stick, the screen it just black when i click on it, i have tried re downloading the app and checking for system updates and neither have worked.

anyone else experiencing this problem?

8 REPLIES 8
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Can think of a few things for you to try.

1. Unplug both your stick and router for a few minutes 

2. Worst case set the stick back to factory settings 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-box-stick

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My Spotify app has stopped working today too.  I have tried disconnecting box for a few mins, checked for updates, uninstalled and reinstalled app but to no avail

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Try reporting the issue directly with Spotify if doing a factory reset to the stick doesn’t work.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Same thing happening for me using my NOW 4K Smart box and the Spotify App is locked on the main Spotify start up screen and none of the buttons on the remote controller will then respond (not even the back or home button).

Where you need to reboot the power on the box to get the NOW box running again.

billae01
Mentor

Thank you, @schnapps. I couldn't find another thread ( not very good for a former owner administrator and Worldwide Admin).

I've sent a message to Now Support. 

In addition, I forgot that the Now interface has been repeatedly reporting 'oops, that didn't work, press BACK'. If it's going to start glitching, I'm switching to Roku.

I'll post any reply. It looks as if the system is not working properly. 

I was thinking of Now Broadband but maybe put that on hold. I can finally get Virgin fibre but not keen on the driveway being dug up.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User @billae01 @Anonymous User 

Just checked my NOW 4K Smart Box and the Spotify App is now working for me.

Didn't do anything and fired up the box tonight and the Spotify App is now playing fine.

Don't know if anybody else has got the same result or not.

billae01
Mentor

Yes, mine opened up late late night as I was off to bed. I'm trying it now and, though a bit buggie, it seems to be back. It was nothing Now did, as I have a massive reply on email with hints and tips that I do not need. 

As mentioned, I had tried everything except factory restart because I didn't see that as the solution.

I also uninstalled my paid-for Spotify Account on my smartphone  That didn't seem to work but.......

Next day, the reinstall was downloading over 9,000 saved tunes and songs. 😐

I left it to it and rebooted the phone when all 9k plus had been restored. I should add the app on the phone was working as normal throughout.

Anyway, I don't know if this did something but Spotify is back. Thank goodness. Funny how things sort themselves out. It looks like Spotify's fault but I may never know.

Now all we need is Amazon Music.

Thanks to everyone and especially @schnapps .

I am thinking of a Roku TV. Then apps can more easily be added. My Sony Bravia is showing screen burn. I can live with it for now but that is something else which should not happen.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Anonymous User @billae01 @Anonymous User @gavs82008 @schnapps 

Hi all,

Just to let you know I've been advised this should now be fixed. The app should update automatically in the next 18-36 hours or you can go to System>Settings>Software Update to push an update which should fix the issue.

Thanks

Simon