cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

anybody else getting freezing of itv

I put emmerdale and coronation street on tonight and experiancing freezin picture and the volume staying on and then the picture catching up for a few minutes and then happening again has anybody else experianced this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

First things first. Can you please confirm the model of your NOW TV playback device?

Is it the NOW TV 'white' (Roku LT) box? Which looks like this: -

white.png

Is it the NOW TV 'black' (4200SK - Roku 3) box? Which looks like this: -

black.jpg

Is it the NOW TV 'smart' (4500SK - NOW TV) box? Which looks like this: -

product-img-smartbox_v4

And just-so-you-know... NOW TV have no control over 'third-party' apps, such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5, RedBull TV etc. The content delivery systems and the UI's for each distribution platform is entirely controlled by the service provider.

Cheers

View solution in original post

90 REPLIES 90
Anonymous User
Not applicable

4200SK -
Since the interface changed to the blue background (I'm guessing the last SW update) the text on the Roku menus often looks scrambled, but that's a minor gripe.

Most frustrating though is the constant freezing of the picture on ITV hub whilst audio continues. There will then be some crazy high speed video as it catches up. Eventually after 10 mins or so it just gives up and freezes audio too.

Worked flawlessly before (the update I suspect)
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm getting exactly the same thing, tried updating , hasn't made any difference , any other suggestions ? Thanks 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yea same here started on the 2nd July tried resetting now tv box and internet connection, same thing happens, tried different box and same thing also. Works fine on iPhone , iPad and other tablets it's just the now tv
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm also experiencing the same problem with freezing on itv so frustrating been happening since Monday 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had an hour long chat with now tv today and ran through some diagnostics, everything he told me I had tried he then refreshed my account his end and again problem still occurred so again he told me to unplug and reconnect which I did- didn't work, he then said my tv was the problem 😏 I said I had tried all tvs in my house and it does it on all of them. He then said he will escalate this problem with the higher techs- some I'm still none the wiser and it's still happening now 😤
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had this same problem for about a week now.  It has made watching any live ITV channel impossible.

Ive removed the app and reinstalled.  Restarted router, restarted box, cold restarted TV.  Cant think of anything else to do now.  Any ideas?

Problem 2:

When I enter the ITV app and scroll down to Channels to see what is on live the programme description is missing.  Even when you select a channel it still doesnt tell you what is currently on, but MAY tell you what is on next and sometimes this is totally wrong!  This particular problem has been happening for several weeks now.

Problem 3:

MY LG TV app now doesnt show ITV live any more, it only has Catch-Up options available.  Been working perfectly for last 6 months, but now disappeared.

Ive removed the app and reinstalled.  Restarted router, restarted box, cold restarted TV.  Cant think of anything else to do now.  Any ideas?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

NOW TV have no control over 'third-party' apps, such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5, RedBull TV etc. The content delivery systems and the UI's for each distribution platform is entirely controlled by the service provider.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I appreciate that but if its an app that you promote on the NOWTv box surely you have a duty to either check it isnt a problem your end OR liaise with ITV to ensure that their app works on your box for your customers.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

It does not work like that @Anonymous User,

The 'app' provider (in this cas ITV) can change the functionality their app at anytime. They can even withdraw it altogether if they wish. And as such it's up to them to carry out playback device compatibility tests.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So I assume that NowTv are not thinking it could be anything to do with them and their recent update then. 

NOWTv should liaise with ITV about the problems at the very least.  If they offer and advertise the app then they have a duty to do their utmost to at least ensure they work with ITV to try to resolve this in my opinion.