cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

anybody else getting freezing of itv

I put emmerdale and coronation street on tonight and experiancing freezin picture and the volume staying on and then the picture catching up for a few minutes and then happening again has anybody else experianced this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

First things first. Can you please confirm the model of your NOW TV playback device?

Is it the NOW TV 'white' (Roku LT) box? Which looks like this: -

white.png

Is it the NOW TV 'black' (4200SK - Roku 3) box? Which looks like this: -

black.jpg

Is it the NOW TV 'smart' (4500SK - NOW TV) box? Which looks like this: -

product-img-smartbox_v4

And just-so-you-know... NOW TV have no control over 'third-party' apps, such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5, RedBull TV etc. The content delivery systems and the UI's for each distribution platform is entirely controlled by the service provider.

Cheers

View solution in original post

90 REPLIES 90
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any news on a fix yet for the itv hub? I use a roku 3 box and having the same issues. Sound is fine but video stops then after 20 seconds or so it frantically tries catching up. Did it last night but only after watching for about an hour, then tonight it was unwatchable as was doing it from start.

How can we get this fixed?
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Have any of you guys suffering from this "ITV hub freezing bug" contacted ITV to find out what they're doing about fixing this problem?

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I have contacted them this evening and given link to this thread so they can see it's not just affecting one user.
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Davey

I'm guessing, that until you contacted ITV, they knew nothing about this problem, so all this time no one bothered to tell ITV about their faulty hub.

Anyway, have ITV said when they're likely to contact you about them fixing this problem?

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks - good work.  Do we have to reset or anything?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've only just started using itv hub so noticed the problem straight away. When I did I looked on the internet to see if itv were having issues and that's when I stumbled upon this thread.

I messaged on here but also messaged itv at same time but awaiting response from them. Not sure if anyone else on here has contacted itv at all and if so what there responses were?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still no reply yet from itv. Has any one else contacted and if so had any responses?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've tweeted ITV hub many times in the past 6 months.
They say they are "working on it". I would say that is BS because I've never known an app update take so long.

It's a total shambles
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had a email response from itv and they basically said same thing. They apologised for issues and said there tech team is working to resolve as quickly as possible.

I've not tried using for a few days but I'm guessing the issue is still there?
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User unfortunately accepting a solution is done by the person opening the thread. The system keeps prompting acceptance of a solution which does mean some threads get an accepted solution before one has been found.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.