cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

anybody else getting freezing of itv

I put emmerdale and coronation street on tonight and experiancing freezin picture and the volume staying on and then the picture catching up for a few minutes and then happening again has anybody else experianced this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

First things first. Can you please confirm the model of your NOW TV playback device?

Is it the NOW TV 'white' (Roku LT) box? Which looks like this: -

white.png

Is it the NOW TV 'black' (4200SK - Roku 3) box? Which looks like this: -

black.jpg

Is it the NOW TV 'smart' (4500SK - NOW TV) box? Which looks like this: -

product-img-smartbox_v4

And just-so-you-know... NOW TV have no control over 'third-party' apps, such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5, RedBull TV etc. The content delivery systems and the UI's for each distribution platform is entirely controlled by the service provider.

Cheers

View solution in original post

90 REPLIES 90
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the same problem Again !! Picture freezes but the sound goes on until it catches up, very frustrating Grrrrrrr !!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree, it’s marketed as a service on their platform; they should be working with ITV to make it work.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree with chanceencounter, it’s marketed as a service on their platform; they should be working with ITV to make it work.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
I agree with chanceencounter, it’s marketed as a service on their platform; they should be working with ITV to make it work.

I agree wholeheartedly.  If NOWTv for whatever reason cant or wont work with ITV then NOWTv should not be advertising it as being available - because it obviously isnt!

Does anyone know if Amazon Firestick works OK with Live ITV as I will ditch NOWTv and buy one if so?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My itvhub works on nowtv, just about 5-7 mins which is annoying as when you want the football your already 7 mins behind the game

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has anybody come across a fix for this yet, it's still happening with my new black box, still only the itv hub and only when watching it live? It's now November and numerous emails to itv but no response, apart from one email to say they will look into the problem.  Nothing else since!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

I'm getting the same problem of ITV hub live streams buffering and then doing the fast forward thing on two black NowTV boxes. Does anybody know if the NowTV Smart boxes have the same issue ?

Thanks 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I am a NowTV smart box owner and to be honest i don't use the ITV Hub service, however i would have thought both the smart box and standard black box would be using the same App software version.

Saying that late last night i did a forced update on my box by going into the box menu settings and the ITV Hub App appeared to have some sort of update.

Not sure what was the previous ITV Hub App software build version, where my smart box is currently showing version 11 build 1 ?

Like i said i don't use the ITV Hub App, but i watched some ITV live content for about 15 minutes this morning just to test where watching some live stuff looked pretty stable to me on my setup (not sure at what time usually these issues occur if you need to watch for longer periods before the fault happens?).

With my setup i have an internet speed in the region of 40mbs and my smart box is wired by hardwired Ethernet into my BT Homehub 4 Router. 

Perhaps double check if your box has had a software build version update overnight and try watching some more ITV Hub live channels to see if there is any difference with the live channels.

Maybe the ITV Hub update on my box last night is non related to the live channels and was something eles on the App ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Ignore my above post, had some spare time on my hands so i endured watching live content on the ITV Hub App with my smart box on software version 11 build 1, where i managed about 30 minutes before the dreaded live picture freeze Smiley Sad

So it looks like whatever update i had last night from ITV Hub on my smart box doesn't seem to have fixed the live channels picture freezing Smiley Sad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is not a solution, it's a cop-out