cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

anybody else getting freezing of itv

I put emmerdale and coronation street on tonight and experiancing freezin picture and the volume staying on and then the picture catching up for a few minutes and then happening again has anybody else experianced this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

First things first. Can you please confirm the model of your NOW TV playback device?

Is it the NOW TV 'white' (Roku LT) box? Which looks like this: -

white.png

Is it the NOW TV 'black' (4200SK - Roku 3) box? Which looks like this: -

black.jpg

Is it the NOW TV 'smart' (4500SK - NOW TV) box? Which looks like this: -

product-img-smartbox_v4

And just-so-you-know... NOW TV have no control over 'third-party' apps, such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5, RedBull TV etc. The content delivery systems and the UI's for each distribution platform is entirely controlled by the service provider.

Cheers

View solution in original post

90 REPLIES 90
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do not listen to the so called experts saying it is the third party providers fault. Full testing has shown it to be a Nowtv issue interferring with the providers stream.

Best advice is to cancel your subscription recycle your NowTv boxes properly and move to another provider I have after finding out the root cause of the problem. To date NowTv refuse to acknowledge independt verified results showing it is their fault nobody elses.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had this too. It freezes, the sound carries on despite the frozen picture and then the image flashes past quickly to 'catch up'. Really annoying.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My itv keeps freezing sound still plays! Doing it on both my boxes tried to reset it and box is updated! Paying for things you can't watch!!!!!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The ITV hub does not work properly on my nowtv box either. The picture freezes several times in a few minutes, then it cuts off altogether. The ITV hub app is built in to my son's smart tv in the next room and works perfectly. Can't really see why this problem is marked as "SOLVED"

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Im having this problem too

I have no problems watching live TV on bbc iplayer but ITV always freezes and has done for weeks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have also had the same problem and have tried all the checks that have been sugested on this community board.  Please let me know if you have any luck my next step will be to get rid of the Now box and look for an alternative system.  I have had this now box for 12months and only had problems with this ITV app for the last month.  

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

As mentioned before,

NOW TV have no control over 'third-party' apps, such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5, RedBull TV, YouTube etc. Their content, their delivery systems, their UI's and their distribution platforms are entirely controlled by the service provider.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine is exactly the same can't be wifi signal as it is telling me strength excellent, but so fed up with freezing issue I end up putting tv off, wish I'd ever bought now tv smart box now.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is itv freezing again is anybody else getting this today it is unwatchable
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I did have this problem with itv but now have continual repetition of spoken words.  Please sort it out itv as it is impossible to watch at the moment.