cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

anybody else getting freezing of itv

I put emmerdale and coronation street on tonight and experiancing freezin picture and the volume staying on and then the picture catching up for a few minutes and then happening again has anybody else experianced this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

First things first. Can you please confirm the model of your NOW TV playback device?

Is it the NOW TV 'white' (Roku LT) box? Which looks like this: -

white.png

Is it the NOW TV 'black' (4200SK - Roku 3) box? Which looks like this: -

black.jpg

Is it the NOW TV 'smart' (4500SK - NOW TV) box? Which looks like this: -

product-img-smartbox_v4

And just-so-you-know... NOW TV have no control over 'third-party' apps, such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5, RedBull TV etc. The content delivery systems and the UI's for each distribution platform is entirely controlled by the service provider.

Cheers

View solution in original post

90 REPLIES 90
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I tried this and did the update but it still freezes, so annoying, surely there must be a way to fix this?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having problems with itv channels freezing, and then catching up, anyone have same problem, 

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hello @Anonymous User 🙂

Please see SeeMoreDigital's response just above your post. 😉

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having issues with ITV freezing in the morning ?
Picture freezes, sound ok
The picture then fast forwards to catch up
This has happened only on ITV on all my Now boxes
Any ideas ?
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User a few people have been having problems with the ITV hub. It may be worth uninstalling and reinstalling and if that doesn't work doing a reset on your box. Unfortunately if the app has developed a fault then we will have to wait for ITV to fix it.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
It must be the hub as all 3 of my boxes had the same problem !
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Same problem, tried the home 5x etc but didn't work for me either, itv Hub keeps freezing then speeding to catch up, or freezing completely!! Very annoying as usually watch it a lot after school, please help xx
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

NOW TV have no control over 'third-party' apps, such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5, RedBull TV etc. The content delivery systems and the UI's for each distribution platform is entirely controlled by the service provider.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Getting the same problem with itv. Getting really fed up with it!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nice to know I'm not the only one with this problem, also frequently picture freezes and sound goes.  have to press the back arrow and the OK buttons to return to programme.  It's making ITV unwatchable.  Is it happening on all live ITV channels or just the one.  Watched some catch up programmes last night no problems.

If the ITV Hub is the problem or it's link to NOW then why has it not been fixed?

Anyone have any ideas or solutions, don't want to watch the Biased Broadcasting Corp news and morning programmes.