cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

anybody else getting freezing of itv

I put emmerdale and coronation street on tonight and experiancing freezin picture and the volume staying on and then the picture catching up for a few minutes and then happening again has anybody else experianced this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

First things first. Can you please confirm the model of your NOW TV playback device?

Is it the NOW TV 'white' (Roku LT) box? Which looks like this: -

white.png

Is it the NOW TV 'black' (4200SK - Roku 3) box? Which looks like this: -

black.jpg

Is it the NOW TV 'smart' (4500SK - NOW TV) box? Which looks like this: -

product-img-smartbox_v4

And just-so-you-know... NOW TV have no control over 'third-party' apps, such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5, RedBull TV etc. The content delivery systems and the UI's for each distribution platform is entirely controlled by the service provider.

Cheers

View solution in original post

90 REPLIES 90
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

First things first. Can you please confirm the model of your NOW TV playback device?

Is it the NOW TV 'white' (Roku LT) box? Which looks like this: -

white.png

Is it the NOW TV 'black' (4200SK - Roku 3) box? Which looks like this: -

black.jpg

Is it the NOW TV 'smart' (4500SK - NOW TV) box? Which looks like this: -

product-img-smartbox_v4

And just-so-you-know... NOW TV have no control over 'third-party' apps, such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5, RedBull TV etc. The content delivery systems and the UI's for each distribution platform is entirely controlled by the service provider.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

This reset works for 5 minutes and then it goes back to freezing again, I have done this reset a few times now, I have been told by the help desk to contact ITV, has anyone else tried to cntact them? This is very annoying and I only bought Now TV to watch teresteral TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same issues. Well surely someone at NowTv should be in talks with ITV to rectify this situation if they advertise the ITV catch up service on the NowTV box??? If not then they should be for the interest of their customers!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How is the "accpeted solution" a solution, it asks which box we have - it doesn't solve anything.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User
I've been experiencing the same issue. I have the White NowTV box and have been having a problem with the picture freezing with the sound continuing before the picture 'catches up'
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had this problem as well. there is an update for the itv app.

turn the nowt box on and press home key 5 times, press fast forward 3 times, press fast back 2 times and a screen comes up saying itv hub has an update, click on continue button and it will update.

it solved my problem of freezing 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Spoke too soon, gone back to freezing!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem ???

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had problems for weeks.  I have tried the sugested delete of app and reinstalling .Reset the hub. Updated the hub.  Checked the speed, outreach has also been out to check the lines.  EE sent out there engineer.  Still having the same problem.