cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ken242
Expert

any updates on BT YouView boxes

Is there any update on the ongoing issue with the NOW TV app on YouView boxes with picture freezing and breaking up the last time I heard they were BT was investigating it and and the NOW TV technical team was working on it because they found a problem on the 4K boxes that say last time I've heard anything

8 REPLIES 8
MGboy
Scholar 2

I’m still having issues, sound drops out on live sports and then comes back, this is a regular thing. I also have issues with screen dropping out.

but on The Now TV box there are no issues.

As BT & Sky are now much closer you would think they would sort this....

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@MGboy 

This link will indicate that to find out any updates/issues with BT NOW TV customers you will need to contact BT directly. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/bt-support

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
MGboy
Scholar 2

I don’t use the service through BT, I use the app on the BT box, so I guess the issue is with Now rather than BT.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@MGboy 

Have you deleted the app and reinstalled it by any chance??

MGboy
Scholar 2

Sadly the BT YouView box won’t let you delete apps, you can’t even force an update. Very closed ecosystem....

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@MGboy 

Interesting, ok. So what about setting the box back to factory settings? Is it possible to do this?

If not then I would head back to BT as the box is at fault. 

MGboy
Scholar 2

Again tried & makes no difference. I’m sure at some point it will all get sorted.

If & when the Apple TV app gets updated & accepts the Now TV Boost I’ll use that instead. 

my game is, which will get mended first... 🙂

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@MGboy 

As another option for the BT box you can jump onto Live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Make sure click "chat to an advisor"

For Apple TV, I would say that this is a better shout as it offers a vast more range of apps than YouView boxes. Something is absolutely on the horizon.