cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Youview Box issues with Now TV app

Hi there, I'm just wondering how do we report the issues with Now TV app on the youview boxes as it doesnt work correct and I'm having to use my old Now TV box. Can someone at Now TV advise or confirm that they are aware of the issues and its being worked on.

22 REPLIES 22
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sounds like you was previously on the TalkTalk Sky Sports Boost TV subscription (which i am not familiar with) and assuming with that particular subscription you could record from via the main EPG on your Talk Talk Youview box.

Where i believe Talk Talk have now disbanded the Sky Cinema & Sky Sports Boost add on packages for new TalkTalk customers and new customers are now forced to use NowTV as an alternative method to watch Sky Sports.

Not sure subscribing your passes via NowTV will allow you to record on the TalkTalk box through the main Talk Talk EPG and you are limited to access on the NowTV App on your Talk Talk Youview box or the native inbuilt NowTV App on your LG Smart TV which won't give you a record feature which is normal when using the NowTV App.

Don't know if there is anything in this link below that helps or not.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/NOW-TV/ta-p/2457383 

Hopefully a Talk Talk user on the forum can confirm accordingly or if not maybe ask over on the TalkTalk Community Forum.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @schnapps 

Norm, who is your ISP?

If you can see NowTV channels in the EPG from your box, then I suspect your ISP is BT, despite you using a TalkTalk box, as I don’t think these channels would show up from TalkTalk.

That being so, you would need to be a subscriber to BT TV, and to have obtained your NowTV subscription via BT TV, before you could use and record these channels.

But I think you got your subscription direct from NowTV?

If so, and you have BT TV, talk to BT about transferring your NowTV subscription over to them. I would also suggest that you talk to them about sending you a BT YouView box to replace the TalkTalk one.

Not that there is anything particularly wrong with a TalkTalk box, but if you want to get onto the path of least resistance with BT if you need future support, then having a box from BT rather than TalkTalk helps with this.

(It even makes the support in this thread easier, as we may have been at cross-purposes up until now).

I have BT as my ISP, but don’t have BT TV, and I have NowTV direct; so I can see the NowTV channels in my EPG, but can’t access them.

Note 1: For BT above, also read PlusNet. I think.

Note 2: Anybody, on any ISP, who uses the BT App from their tablet or smartphone, to remotely set recordings on their YouView box, of any make, will also be shown the NOWTV channels, since the app carries the generic BT EPG, not your specific EPG like the YouView and TalkTalk Apps used to.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for reply.

I have a Talktalk subscription and TT box. I also have BT Sports subscription which works just fine and I can record to my TT box.. All the TT Sky sports programs appear in my planner. From what you have said it doesn’t look like I can run Sky Sports from my existing set up. I have now wasted a months subscription on NowTv. Why don’t they simply say it can’t be done when you try to subscribe?
I think I will get the full Sky set installed where I can see and record Sky Sport And BT Sport .
Regards