cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Youview Box issues with Now TV app

Hi there, I'm just wondering how do we report the issues with Now TV app on the youview boxes as it doesnt work correct and I'm having to use my old Now TV box. Can someone at Now TV advise or confirm that they are aware of the issues and its being worked on.

22 REPLIES 22
PaulNormanUK
Scholar 3

Post your problem here...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As in other posts already on the forum boxsets stuff either buffers or doesnt even load at times, particular issue for last 4 days was the new pope, perfect on now tv box. Tried for 4 days  and constant buffer issues on youview box, 100% related to now tv app on this device. 

Managed to watch live TV no problems.

Cheers

PaulNormanUK
Scholar 3

Well from the handful of complaints about buffering issues on Youview it appears to only happen when watching on demand and not live streams, correct? I'm watching the new pope right now and it's fine for me... I'm not dismissive as there could be an issue that happens at different times of the day/night, maybe when server load increases? I have connected up my BT T2100 box and come the 1st I will try and replicate the issues reported but for me, on my T4000 and T2000 NOWTV works just fine.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It wasnt just me reporting it but from launch day until lastnight it was the exact same, lastnight it didnt even load the episode, just the 4 colours spinning, then as every other night switched to my now tv box and no issues at all. 4 nights is very consistant. Sometimes it will buffer x amount of mins into the show, dont think its buffered once on my now tv box.

Cheers

PaulNormanUK
Scholar 3

You need to post more info before anyone can really make a report. Answer the following:

1. What model Youview do you have?
  2. What exact season and episode are you having issues watching?
  3. What time does or did the problem occur?

Might help pin point a cause or help Youview and/or NOWTV track down any potential issue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

1. Not at home but its the plunset box, can check later

2. Season 2 and any episode you want

3. Anytime I've put it on which is after 8, between 8 and 11pm

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tested tonight , same issues, spinning 4 now tv circles. This was just after 8pm. I had tested last night just after 9pm and it was perfect so its worked 1 day in about 5. Frustrating as I would prefer to use just the one box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another update not that Now TV are interested in fixing, should be pulled until fixed.

Just to further update this.

Lastnight I went to my watchlist to watch the new pope, tried twice and spinning circles, tried another program that was in my watchlist, same issue, rebooted box tested same method and again same problem, doesn't even list the episodes, circles spinning at that point.

Then I decided to find the programs by manual effort and going through channels and picking sky atlantic and then finding the program, all the episodes for that program then listed and I was able to watch. So it looks like a bug with the Watchlist but there are certainly issue, very poor bit of software.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Looks like now tv support want to wash there hands of this, app doesnt work prooperly, no solution, forget about it and hope it goes away. Pretty poor.