cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Youtube app not working.

It was working perfectly - very fast. But overe the last couple of days all I get is a blank screen when I select it. All other apps seem fine.  (new Black box)

Anyone else getting this ?

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

It was working perfectly - very fast. But overe the last couple of days all I get is a blank screen when I select it. All other apps seem fine.  (new Black box)

Youtube is working fine on my black box - apart from the usual lo-res image fault that will never get sorted cause google couldn' t care less. And i don't want to restart my box at this time as a precaution just in case i get the problems everybody else are having.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

mines gone blank

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Youtube is working fine on my black box - apart from the usual lo-res image fault that will never get sorted cause google couldn' t care less. And i don't want to restart my box at this time as a precaution just in case i get the problems everybody else are having.

Hi @Anonymous User

The issue could be down to Google, but I'm not entirely sure it is because there are reports on the Roku forums that the issue only started occurring as of Roku OS version 6.2.

I personally think it might be something to do with the Quickstart function on some of the apps If the YouTube app crashes and has to restart completely. (The YouTube app takes a few seconds to start after a crash occurs) It's fine after that and then plays in HD if the app has already been started at some point and you go back to it. The YouTube app starts very quickly and then doesn't play HD. Personally I think the Quickstart function needs to be disabled for the time being , so that apps are forced to start normally each time. 

It will be interesting to see if Roku OS 7 fixes the problem. Roku OS 7 is meant to be rolling out on Roku 3s very soon if it hasn't started to do so already. I'm not sure if the now TV box will get the new OS version. Even if it does, it would most likely be some time after standard Roku.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

same issue. Any luck with resolution?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

same issue. Any luck with resolution?

Hi @Anonymous User,

This topic was created nearly two years ago 

And just-so-you-know... NOW TV have no control over 'third-party' apps, such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5, RedBull TV, YouTube etc. Their content, their delivery systems, their UI's and their distribution platform are entirely controlled by the service provider.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Three years later and it's still happening. I got bumped off YouTube. Had to sign all in again and it's not worked properly since. For a start the icon show pictures now are a 3sec gif, my screen has a strobe attack freezes the stalls then goes black and I can't move anything so I have to ###### down my whole nowtv and start again. It's starting to get on my preverble boobies!!! Someone please help I love watching YouTube.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Opps. *Shut down my whole nowtv not ###### down 😳