cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

When is Chromebook likely to be supported?

Have used NowTV before and must have streamed directly through Chrome browser on my Pixel Slate device (or perhaps used an app at the time!).  Bought a 1 month pass last week and I can't get NowTV at all on my Pixel Slate which is disappointing.  I also have a Pixelbook Go and am unable to watch NowTV on this either... very disappointing.

The website says that Chromebooks are currently not supported.  This makes me hopeful that it will be supported in future... I would like to add my support for Chromebook support and if there is a roadmap/planned date for this that would be good to know.

Thanks in advance!

26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi - I enquired again to NOWTV for an update on Chromebook app and got the following reply.

"As of now Chromebook is not a supported device to watch NOW TV so there is no NOW TV App available for same. At NOW TV, we regularly review our compatible devices and once NOW TV App will be available on Chromebook you will notified via email as will as it will be updated on our website also"

To which I asked the follow-up questions:

1. Is a NowTV app for Chromebook users in active development at the moment?
2. If so, will it be available in 2021?

and I echoed the sentiments of another poster here that Chromebooks aren't exactly on the periphery of the laptop market any more!

I'll post the reply I receive but it would be helpful for anyone with a Chromebook to make a complaint as I did and maybe get someone at NowTV to do something about this.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I received a reply from NOW TV

"With regards to your query, we do not have the update regarding development or release of NOW TV App on Chromebook.

Also we do not want to give any wrong information so we will not able to confirm when it is going to release. 

We do understand that you want to watch NOW TV on Chromebook and we always keep reviewing the need of our valuable customers and keeping this mind we have launched NOW TV App for 4 new devices in past year 2020.

Since Chromebook is being used by the people frequently now a days, surly NOW TV App will be launched for Chromebook also soon."

And the following is my reply:

Sorry but now I'm more confused. You state that:

"Since Chromebook is being used by the people frequently now a days, surly NOW TV App will be launched for Chromebook also soon"

But aren't YOU the people who would know the answer to that? YOU are NOW TV, aren't you? That's why I asked YOU (i.e. NOW TV) the question, via the complaints process on the NOW TV website, because I wanted a representative from NOW TV to say either no, we don't have anything in the pipeline; or yes, it's being developed and we hope it'll be available in x months. 

I really didn't expect a shrug of the shoulders and an effective 'I don't know'! 

Could you please forward this question of Chromebooks and a working app to senior management please? There are a growing number of interested Chromebook+NOW TV users

Many thanks for your continued help but as I mentioned, please pass this to senior management.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Simon-J  are you able to pitch in and provide some details (if any) for @Anonymous User ?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  &  @gavs82008 

You know guys

When you get a giant "Shoulder Shrug" from a company then you know you've got the answer to the question you've asked.  Unfortunately, you may not like the answer but be thankful that you got one, you may have just got silence.

Shoulder Shrug.jpg

UK Bob

Still, there's hope.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

see on your job application ukbob, where it said "must have a can-do attitude", did you tick that box?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This seems to be the definitive reply from NOW TV

"Thanks for getting in touch with NOW TV enquiring about the compatibility of NOW TV on Chromebook device. I have gone through your previous conversations and  have provided a detailed explanation below.

With regards to your query, I understand that you wish to know when would the compatible version of NOW TV is going to be released on Chromebook Device, I'd first like to thank you for your efforts in contacting us to enquire about the same.

I'm afraid you'd not be able to view NOW TV via your Chromebook device as it is an unsupported device at the moment. NOW TV is continuously working in the background to see that we get most devices covered in the list of supported devices and hopefully, Chromebook will be a part of the list in near future, Just not sure of how quick or delayed this might be.

Hence we do not have an exact timeframe on when the update would be released, however, we will inform our customers once the device is added to our list of supported devices by updating the same on our website on this article."

i.e. a shrug of the shoulders

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi ER

You know, I would have answered your question a lot quicker but I'm having trouble logging into the forum, which is now impossible with my WinXP PC and very difficult with my Win10 laptop.

Anyway, onto your question:

"See on your job application ukbob, where it said "must have a can-do attitude", did you tick that box?"

Well broh, I crossed that question out and wrote, "Sorry dude, I'm a realist".

Seriously though, I know where you're coming from but you are dealing with a company that has immovable and well hidden policies that they will never explain or, in most cases, even admit to. 

But you wore them down and got a reply, which is better than most of us get.

Movin' on

UK Bob

PS. It's even difficult to "Thank" your last post, but I just managed to do it.