cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

When is Chromebook likely to be supported?

Have used NowTV before and must have streamed directly through Chrome browser on my Pixel Slate device (or perhaps used an app at the time!).  Bought a 1 month pass last week and I can't get NowTV at all on my Pixel Slate which is disappointing.  I also have a Pixelbook Go and am unable to watch NowTV on this either... very disappointing.

The website says that Chromebooks are currently not supported.  This makes me hopeful that it will be supported in future... I would like to add my support for Chromebook support and if there is a roadmap/planned date for this that would be good to know.

Thanks in advance!

26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Echoing this. I've stopped using Now TV because of this.

ukbobboy
Legend

I don't know if you Chromebook book guys know this but Now TV will not support, or continue to support, accidental features found in their app, those accidental features will always be deleted.

That's the way Now TV has always rolled.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

ChromeOS can run Android apps just fine it doesn't need additional development.

Unfortunately it seems Chromebook support has been disabled at the Play store.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It seems more bizarre as the Sky Go app works on Chromebooks just fine

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't know what this means UK Bob - but it sounds like you're 'in the know' 😉

Given the popularity of Chromebooks, why isn't there an app?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for all your replies so far... when I originally posted this message I had hoped that someone from Now TV would reply and let us know their position on Chromebook support, what had changed which stopped this working, and whether it would be supported in future.

I had really liked being able to purchase Now TV passes, in the past, and being able to watch these on my Chromebook devices.  Now TV were recently offering the Sky Sports Pass again for £20 a month, which is a bargain, and I would have loved to be able to take advantage of this.

I am still hopeful that in future Now TV will support Chromebook devices.

Please continue to reply and like this post if you would like Chromebook support.

Thanks!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Similarly disappointed as the rest of you that Now does not work on my Chromebook. Given that there is an Android app that works fine, this seems insane. I'm likely to stop paying for Sports passes because of this. Not sure if anyone from Sky/Now actually monitors this forum or cares.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here - I purchased a pass then found out it wouldn't work on Chromebook. I have workarounds but it would be much easier if it was supported on the device I use most. The lack of official notification from NowTV on this specific problem is disrespectful to customers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

In case NOW TV are reading these comments. Chromebooks are now more popular than Apple Mac devices. Well according to the BBC anyway ... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-56116573.

Chromebook is the only device I have issues with, fix this and I would be very happy.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Well Mr Study

You understand that you already have your answer from Now TV, i.e. Silence.

Needless to say, you need no further explanation.

UK Bob