cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

UKTV Play app

UKTV Play on-demand app would be more than welcomed to enable us to catch up on TV from all of the UKTV channels (Dave, Yesterday, Really and Drama).

Webiste: http://uktvplay.uktv.co.uk/

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had we update from UKTV to say the UKTV play app is launching soon on now tv boxes

View solution in original post

109 REPLIES 109
Anonymous User
Not applicable

UKPlay app is desperately needed on Now tv box.... been looking at all means to view UK PLAY and it means buying another device like Fire TV or Chromecast ... surely NOW TV doesn’t want to encourage such defection?

PLEASE please... it can’t be they hard to add the app as essentially now tv box is linux.
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi H2F

You know, I've tried casting UKTV Play to my chromecast device, the main reason why I bought the thing, but it did not work, i.e. UKTV Play will not cast.  I had also check my results with UKTV help as well, they confirmed it was not compatible with chromecast.

However, my chromecast device had proved itself very useful, especially as a stop gap, when Now TV buttoned down the black boxes facilities.

Anyway, like everybody else, I'm "chomping at the bit" to find out when the UKTV Play app will finally come to Now TV.

UK Bob

PS. The silence, from Now TV and UK TV, is frustratingly deafening.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @ukbobboy 🙂

Just to be clear, do you use a computer to cast? Because don't they mirror any browser?

Or are you using a phone/tablet? 

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

It was mentioned in UKTV's annual report that UKTV Play would be coming to NOW TV 'later in the year' but no exact date yet (let's hope they are still on target).

ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993

Hi Casey

Just seen your post and in answer to your question, I was using an android tablet and google casting app to try and cast to my chromecast device.

As mentioned before, UKTV help said that UKTV Play was not compatible with the chromecast device. However, if they are wrong then I will be more than happy to learn of a method that will enable UKTV Play to work with my chromecast device.

Finally, as I'm an "ol' skool" kinda guy, I mainly use my PC desktop (tower) system for my main everyday domestic stuff, and for entertainment I use my peripheral IT equipment, e.g. Roku 3, android tablet, chromecast, etc. and so do not use my PC for any other task.

Catch you later.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can someone from either now tv or uktv tell us when the uktv play app is launching on now TVs boxes as its  frustrating us all waiting for it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes I’d welcome a response too 🙂
Graham-S
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Can someone from either now tv or uktv tell us when the uktv play app is launching on now TVs boxes as its  frustrating us all waiting for it.

Good day Smiley Happy

Best approach here would be asking UKTV themselves as its up to them to design the app for other platforms, us being one.  We only house 3rd party apps and have no control over content or features within them.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I contacted UKTV regarding UKTV Play app launching on now tv boxes. There have said to me they haven't got realase date as yet but once they have they will let me know.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

what about netflix? i highly doubt they'd reject to be on the now box, all your hurting is your own customers, the people who buy netflix wouldnt buy a now box anyway, only people who buy both, like me and many others.

it has roku support. please just let it on your store!