cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caseyb1993 Champion 1
Champion 1

Re: UKTV Play app

@Walt45wrote:

Congratulations all. This is a superb addition to the NowTV / Roku line up. I bought a Amazon Fire stick partly to watch UKTV. I can confirm that on my Roku box, the new UKTV channel is far superior to the Amazon app. Well done everyone!

I used to have the app on the fire stick. Buffering, freezing, crashing... 

The app on kindle fire though is pretty good but I'm glad I can watch on a TV now. 😄

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
0 Thanks
WATAHA
Occasional Poster

No UKTV app on my now box. 

0 Thanks
ukbobboy
Expert 2

@WATAHA

Hi W

Did you try to get UKTV Play the app from Sky/Now TV's app store?

UK Bob

RandomRainy
Occasional Poster

I can't find this anywhere. ☹

0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 4
Legend 4

Hi @RandomRainy

What playback device are you using where you can't see the UKTV PlayApp.

I don't own a white nowtv box, but i did read when this App was first released on the nowtv platform it wasn't available for the white nowtv boxes.

Not sure if that has changed since (maybe it's due to the lack of memory & processing power of the old white boxes).

Perhaps somebody who owns a white box can confirm if the UKTV Play App is on there now or not ? 

0 Thanks
Help2fix
Contributor 3

Its NOT available on the version 1 boxes... I have a white version 1 and a black version 2. It aint available for the v1.

RandomRainy
Occasional Poster

Yes, I am using a white box. Time to upgrade maybe? 🤔

0 Thanks
Help2fix
Contributor 3

The v2 box well worth upgrading to... its a lot faster and I kept getting wifi drop out problems with the v1 box. Had no such troubles with the v2 box... so yeah time to turn to the DARK SIDE go for the black v2 box. There are some good deals on eBay or Amazon.

Good luck
0 Thanks
Highlighted
danielcrawford
Regular 2

If you haven't upgraded yet, Argos has a black Friday deal on the 2nd Gen Smart Box with 4k and voice control for only £24.99 instead of £49.99!

Link here: https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8661221

0 Thanks