cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

UKTV Play: Available without subscription?

I'm planning to cancel my subscription, understand that I would still be able to access BBC iPlayer - but would UKTV Play still be available?

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you stop your NowTV pass subscription then my understanding is apart from the NowTV content access you only loose the Sky Sports News HQ App on the NowTV boxes or NowTV Stick where all other third party Apps are still accessible and can be used (including UKTV Play).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/do-i-need-active-pass-to-use-now-tv-box-stick 

chai
Scholar 3

@Anonymous User 

Yes, the UKTV app and all the other apps will continue to work even if you do cancel Now TV.

Not that this will ever need to be done, but note that if you in the future do a full hardware reset of your Now TV device you will then require a Now TV account with active debit/credit card to restore the functionality of the Now TV device.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's really important to know - I had no idea. Thank you.

Sometimes when there appear to be Wi-Fi connection problems, I do the following: (1) Reboot the router; and (2) disconnect the stick's power supply for a couple of minutes then reconnect. Does that amount to hard reset?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Nope that is just a soft reboot and not a full blown factory reset so you will be perfectly fine.

My understanding is that unless you specifically ask NowTV to remove all your personal details on their database (including bank details) then when undertaking a full factory reset it doesn't ask for your bank or card details and only asks you for your wifi network password and your existing nowtv account login details.

That's the way it has always worked for me when factory resetting a NowTV branded device (though i have never asked NowTV to remove all my personal information from their database which i would reckon @chai would be absolutely right).

Anyway to be sure follow @chai advice and don't factory reset your NowTV Box / Stick.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Great advice - thanks again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you so much for this.